Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B/Band and cordless phone and Sky+

• 31-01-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

When i originally got B/Band, it took ages to get all the above mentioned equipment to function properly. The cordless phone base unit is plugged in at the wall socket in the hallway and the modem router is located by the T.V. and using the phone point on the wall beside it. A ADSL splitter is supplying the modem router and the line connection is to the sky box.

My original Netopia modem router is shagged and I have replaced it with a Belkin G wireless modem router. I can now NOT get online at this other phone point, I have to use the phone point in the hallway.

Can I change the location of the main phone point to the point beside the T.V. or am I stuck with the location in the hallway?

I unplug the T.V. via an extension plug and the last modem router was supplied from here. I don't want to put the cordless base unit on this extension lead as unplugging it will kil the landline.

Advertisement