Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Buggy Travel System...Help

Options
  • 31-01-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Twins arriving soon and really struggling to find a travel system for them without spending nearly €1000-1200.

Looking to have a buggy that will take both of them side by side plus be able to have the car seats that clip onto the buggy and can be lifted out and placed onto base unit in car.

Best price we have come across so far is First Wheels double buggy then buying seperate car seats, base units etc. This will really only last until about 9-10 months when we will have to get a stroller.

Anyone else have the same problem and were you able to solve it.

Any suggestions appreciated. I have trawled the internet for solutions to no avail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Hi Thomas,

I think the problem with the Firstwheels Twin is that the carrycots and stroller parts aren't as wide as regular travel systems, so you might find that your twins grow out of them quite soon (like within the first 8 months).

I know that it is nice to be able to move them from the carseats to the buggy without taking them out, but for the amount you are going to spend on the twin I don't think you will get an awful amount of time out of it and will prob end up buying a stroller pretty soon. Single travel systems are bulky enough I can imagine what the Firstwheels Twin is like!!!

I would consider getting the OutnAbout Double Nipper. It's got great reviews and is really light and compact. It's very cosy for twins but also means you won't have to spend €€€ on an expensive double stroller later on when you tire of the travel system.

That's just my two cents. I bought the Firstwheels Single for my first, and while it was great at the start when he was in the carrycot I bought a stroller at 5 months cos I was sick of the way you had to take it apart completely when putting into the boot. If I am honest I was disappointed with the quality of it the more I used it too, as it was quite flimsy and the buggy seat straps were not the safest in my opinion. It's hard for me looking back as I spent over €500 on it. Well we live and learn!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

have a look at kiddicare.com and eurobaby.ie,they have a few choices that might give you ideas.
    The icandy pear is a lovely double buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Have you considered the Jane twin OP? I know you want them side by side but this would give you the option to have them facing one another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for an option we had not come up with already which inlcudes all the sugggestions put forward. Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

Advertisement