Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Application problem..HELP!

Options
  • 31-01-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Ok,im an idiot-i just have to say that first! But heres the story;
    I have the application done perfectly, CAO completed-everything sorted and sent off but i just saw my Trinity application in its envelope ..IN MY HOUSE! Its the 31st Jan, tomorrow is the deadline and obviously even if i post it today it would not be delivered in time, what am i going to do??? This is a huge blow to me as Trinity is my first choice :(

I just dont know how this happened, when i posted my additional doc's to CAO I was sure the trinity application went with them.........im freaking out:eek:So any suggestions on what to do would be REALLY APPRECIATED!

Right now the only thing i can think to do is drop it in myself but can u even drop them in personally or do they have to be posted? iv checked TCD website and all it says on subject is this;

Closing date
    1st February 5.00pm
    Applicants should note that when the 1st February falls on a Saturday or a Sunday that hand delivered
    applications will be accepted up to 5.00pm on the preceding Friday. Applications arriving by first post
    on the following Monday will be treated as having arrived on time

So do you think i could drop the completed application into the admissions office myself tomorrow by hand and everthing will be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Monday is the 1st so once you hand it in before 5:15pm I think it is then you should be fine. Download the CAO Handbook here http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Redout-:).....Its the Trinity college Mature student supplementary application form that I have mistakenly not posted, not the cao, i have everything sorted with the CAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

If the application has to go to Trinity itself then it shouldn't be a problem to drop it into them directly. Just find what office it has to go to and bring it to them.

Edit: just looked at the website, drop it straight into the admissions office tomorrow

Here's a map the admissions office is just off the front square. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Yeah but Trinity website say Feb 1st:

"Mature applicants must submit two application forms:

1.The CAO form directly to the Central Applications Office
    2.The TCD Mature Student Supplementary Application directly to the University
    Both must be received by the 1st February. Late applications will not be accepted."

So if you hand it in there tomorrow there shouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, drop them into the admissions. Should be okay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement