Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thecus N3200: Hangs at boot

• 31-01-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm losing patience with my Thecus N3200 home NAS device. I bought this about two years ago to give me somewhere to store data, music etc and insulate me (via Raid 5) against the inevitable hard-disk failure.

I was intending to leave the unit permanently switched on, but I actually only switch it on every few months. The reason for this is because I have to keep it in the main room (of a small house - 2 up, 1 down) where the noise fo the fan is annoying. Hence, I only turn it on for storing laptop backups or adding music to my main library.

Anyway - the problem is that every few months the unit hangs when switched on - gives a few beeps but no disk activity. This has happened three times to me already.

The only way I've found to resolve is to hold in the reset button for 5 seconds shortly after switching on the unit. The unit then starts, but rebuilds the RAID, which takes approx 4 hours. Luckily, the RAID has rebuilt successfully each time, but I'm always on tenterhooks waiting for it.

Anyone else come across this with Thecus NAS models?
    Tagged:

Advertisement