Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor HTC Hero query

• 31-01-2010 5:32pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, just saw an add in Sunday paper about Meteor and the HTC Hero.
    Off i go to log on to meteor.ie to see cost and details of their but am getting this message

"Sorry, we are having ongoing problems with our online
    store. We will have them sorted soon. In the meantime,
    you can still buy from Meteor from one of our 39
    retail stores."

Its been like this a few days atleast i was i on their site midweek also.
    Anyone have any info about what deal meteor offer and if indeed they are a good provider?
    Ill probably call into one of the stores just thought id seek info here first :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Posting from one I got yesterday.
    Ported from 3 on the cheapest tariff for €79.99

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is that 79 euro for the phone?
    Can you let us know how many mins/text you get per month and cost please, thanks.

Would you reccomend the hero?
    Reviews are good except the camera apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Its a good camera, if theres plenty of light. Pretty much useless in low light unfortunately, last camera phone had a flash so it is one thing I do miss but am willing to sacrifice for the hero

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

200 mins & texts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Efioanaes wrote: »
    Is that 79 euro for the phone?
    Can you let us know how many mins/text you get per month and cost please, thanks.

Would you reccomend the hero?
    Reviews are good except the camera apparently.

Got one the other day.

79 quid for the phone and I'm on the 55 euro plan. That's 500 minutes, 500 texts and 1GB data a month. You can check your free balances online as not to exceed them.

You can add 6.99 a month to insure the phone if you want.

I'm enjoying the phone. All that's annoying me so far is that there is no flash on the camera and as a first-time bill payer, I can't ring or text outside the country for two months.

On a side note, I found a nice little free application called Quick Text. A little desktop app that you can use to send your 300 Meteor free web texts from your PC.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info guys, was also considering the Samsung Jet but its pretty expensive to buy.

I should also add that there seems to be no way of transferring files with Bluetooth.

Otherwise I'm liking it a lot.

Quick question if i may please, i just rang meteor to confirm cost etc and they suggested i also go with a data pack for an extr cost per month.
    The guy said with software updates etc i would need it.

I plan on only using the net while at home connected up to my broadband router, do i need such a data pack if my only real net access will be from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

stovelid wrote: »
    I should also add that there seems to be no way of transferring files with Bluetooth.

Otherwise I'm liking it a lot.

its coming with 2.1 update, if you dont have it already with modaco rom.

Quick question if i may please, i just rang meteor to confirm cost etc and they suggested i also go with a data pack for an extr cost per month.

I plan on only using the net while at home connected up to my broadband router, do i need such a data pack if my only real net access will be from home?

I'd say you would need it

• Advertisement

I got a 1gb allowance for an extra fiver on top of my package.

My worry if I didn't get it is that I would end up wanting/needing to browse (or update apps) and not be near WIFI. As it's a bill phone, and the cost of out-of-bundle mobile network is something like 2c per KB, you'd might be tempted to run up more than a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

From what I've heard Meteor's webstore was operated by the same company that ran the 3G Mobile Stores (nothing to do with 3 the mobile operator btw).

They're in some kind of examinership / restructuring scenario due to financial problems so until they find some alternative service provider, Meteor have no online store.

Advertisement