Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PZ Myers Atheist Ireland talk in Dublin tomorrow (Feb 1)

• 31-01-2010 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

This is NOT the UCD talk, that's on Tuesday. Just posting here as it's only been confirmed last minute, so people know it's on.

http://www.atheist.ie/2010/01/pz-myers-to-speak-at-atheist-ireland-meeting-this-monday/
    PZ Myers to speak at Atheist Ireland meeting this Monday

PZ Myers, author of the science blog Pharyngula and biology professor at the University of Minnesota, USA, will speak at an Atheist Ireland meeting at Buswells Hotel, Dublin, at 7.30 pm tomorrow, Monday 1st February.

Admission is free, and members of the public are welcome.

The theme will be the Atheist Ireland campaigns against the Irish blasphemy law, and for a secular constitution and a secular education system.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Reckon I'll go to this. Probably more atheism than evo/devo talk but I really just want to see the guy speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Of course, people could always attend both! ;);) nudge nudge.

I'm going to try to make this one tonight, as it would be nice for me to see him speak as a spectator rather than a chair.

And thanks AI for the plug on the site, I hope this event tonight is well attended, it's more important from the atheist perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Arcus Arrow

PZ will finally get to meet Catholic Atheists:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Oh I went this evening, it was blooming packed and I had to stand in the hall for the first while. Interesting talk, but focused more on the blasphemy law and a call to arms so to speak than on creationsim or atheism-although that needed saying to a certain degree too. Good to see PZ though as I am a long time fan of his blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Oh I went this evening, it was blooming packed and I had to stand in the hall for the first while. Interesting talk, but focused more on the blasphemy law and a call to arms so to speak than on creationsim or atheism-although that needed saying to a certain degree too. Good to see PZ though as I am a long time fan of his blog.

You can see him tomorrow too at UCD if you like! Half six, and the talk is about creationism.

Yeah, the event was packed out. I was lucky to get second row seats...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Heh, I got a seat in the front in the end, thanks to someone texting for PZ to speak up! Bummer about UCD. I will be running this evening. But perhaps it will be taped and I can catch it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Probably posted elsewhere already but since Atheist Ireland is mentioned in the title of this thread I will mention it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Z4R9JzLCE&feature=player_embedded

PZ recorded a short video for the Atheist Ireland you tube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

He's on tonight in NUIG, http://www.socs.nuigalway.ie/calendar/event/4364/46660/

I *think* they're charging a fiver a head into it. I won't be able to go :( but might be able to wander on down for a few minutes hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Ha! Ye're going to love this. On my way for a coffee there I noticed all the posters advertising his appearance have themselves been posted over with notices of a talk organised by the Christian society!

I'm sure their god is proud of them.

Advertisement