Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deluded Radio Station- Short Film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 big stripey lie

I'll be honest, I don't entirely get it.

I rooted around and I did read the thread on fxhome.com which helped a bit, but if there is a clearly defined story/theme, a "method to the madness" if you will, then I'm not sure it's communicated very clearly. Just my opinion.

That said I've done work on audio montages myself before, where every clip is carefully chosen even if it ends up being incomprehensible. So I can understand that motivation, just not what the intended message/outcome is supposed to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jed490

I'll be honest, I don't entirely get it.

I rooted around and I did read the thread on fxhome.com which helped a bit, but if there is a clearly defined story/theme, a "method to the madness" if you will, then I'm not sure it's communicated very clearly. Just my opinion.

That said I've done work on audio montages myself before, where every clip is carefully chosen even if it ends up being incomprehensible. So I can understand that motivation, just not what the intended message/outcome is supposed to be.

I appreciate your feedback (very well written and constructive I must say). The theme is very simply listening to nonsense on a radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

ok, I watched it and I really dont get it at all..
    I am tempted to say thats 2.14 of my life that I wont be getting back, but that would be harsh........

Sorry man..

sunny2004 wrote: »
    ok, I watched it and I really dont get it at all..
    I am tempted to say thats 2.14 of my life that I wont be getting back, but that would be harsh........

Sorry man..

That would be really harsh if you were to say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

jed490 wrote: »
    That would be really harsh if you were to say that.

But it would be the truth, and im sure you would appreciate people telling you the truth?

I like the idea, but the video does zero for me, its too dark and uneventfull...

Maybe, Maybe you should have cut to the man scrumpling the newspaper or with an angry face to give the illusion of what your looking for which is presumeably anger / madness

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    But it would be the truth, and im sure you would appreciate people telling you the truth?

I like the idea, but the video does zero for me, its too dark and uneventfull...

Maybe, Maybe you should have cut to the man scrumpling the newspaper or with an angry face to give the illusion of what your looking for which is presumeably anger / madness

Yes I do (twas a joke actually). Thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I'm glad I never said it, and I got the joke ;)

In fairness I often dont get this type of stuff, so I am not the target audience, speaking of target, where me gun till I end it now!

Advertisement