Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free equivalent to winzip

• 31-01-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

+1 for 7-zip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

7-zip is great, supports loads of formats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

7zip here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Iolar wrote: »
    Can you use 7-zip with rapidshare?

?, if you download a file that's a zip, 7-zip will extract it. The formats you're most likely to come across are .zip or .rar. From the 7zip web site here's a list of what it does.
    * Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
    * Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

7zip will more or less open everything you download with rapidshare including the infamous .001 files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 OFlaherty

I'll add my name in support of 7zip. It's the best there is really,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i downloaded winrar off their website. every time i use it, a message comes up saying it's a trial for 40 days but i've been using since november and it hasn't told to buy it. (no i didn't crack it). has anyone noticed this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah it always stays like that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

whiteman19 wrote: »
    i downloaded winrar off their website. every time i use it, a message comes up saying it's a trial for 40 days but i've been using since november and it hasn't told to buy it. (no i didn't crack it). has anyone noticed this?

After 40 days it wont allow you create RARs, but it will work with a nag forever unzipping/unraring :). But a +1 for 7 zip, does the job & is free, back on the .001 files, a seperate program called "HJ Split" may be needed to unpack this type of file, generally these files have a extension in the before the .001 ie linux.iso.001 ;) So HJ Split opens those, get it HERE.

Nick

I use IZArc. I find it very good.

http://izarc.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Great help ive been looking fo a decent .zip player +1:D

Advertisement