Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Photography Evening Course Cork

Options
  • 31-01-2010 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi Guys,
    I am looking to do a digital photography course in Cork at night. I have done a 12 week Beginners Course in st Johns which I really enjoyed but didnt go on to do the advanced as it went into solely Photoshop, which dont get me wrong I enjoy but would like a course that does a little bit more than that ( in the perfect world I would like a course that might go into a little studio lighting etc)
    Does any one know any good courses, I dont mind going back and re doing a beginners course so I can move on to the advanced when it come up... and I work fulltime so the cost of the course isnt an issue...
    Id appreciate any help guys confused.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

LadyLee wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I am looking to do a digital photography course in Cork at night. I have done a 12 week Beginners Course in st Johns which I really enjoyed but didnt go on to do the advanced as it went into solely Photoshop, which dont get me wrong I enjoy but would like a course that does a little bit more than that ( in the perfect world I would like a course that might go into a little studio lighting etc)
    Does any one know any good courses, I dont mind going back and re doing a beginners course so I can move on to the advanced when it come up... and I work fulltime so the cost of the course isnt an issue...
    Id appreciate any help guys confused.gif

Hi Lady, you should try the College of Commerce and see what they have on offer but you might be a little late to catch this years courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LadyLee

themonboys wrote: »
    Hi Lady, you should try the College of Commerce and see what they have on offer but you might be a little late to catch this years courses.
    Hey Thanks for the info-:D Do you know anyone who has done the courses I would really love to find out the content... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Ladylee

I would recommend Tom and Dave from ProPhotovision. They are based in Shanagarry, East Cork and run beginners and advanced courses over week nights but they also do weekend long intensive courses. I have done both and from being fairly ok with camera now shoot manual all the time and understand what I'm doing. If your interested or want further info drop me a PM and I’ll forward you their email / mobile, you call also try calling (021)4647859

Eoin

emul wrote: »
    Ladylee

I would recommend Tom and Dave from ProPhotovision. They are based in Shanagarry, East Cork and run beginners and advanced courses over week nights but they also do weekend long intensive courses. I have done both and from being fairly ok with camera now shoot manual all the time and understand what I'm doing. If your interested or want further info drop me a PM and I’ll forward you their email / mobile, you call also try calling (021)4647859

Eoin
    Cheers Eoin thats sounds great. ILL PM you for details...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

LadyLee wrote: »
    Hey Thanks for the info-:D Do you know anyone who has done the courses I would really love to find out the content... :confused:

Sorry I don't know anyone that did it but a call to the office should soon get you the needed info.

• Advertisement

Really appreciate the help guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

Hey, does anyone know of any similar lessons running in the city during the summer?.. preferably city center as I do not drive. The Cork College of Commerce course sounds good but as I'm a full time student I would prefer to take up lessons during the summer..

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Dunno about Cork but i just completed a FETAC L22565 in Limerick College Of Further Education and it was a fab course. Ran over 12 nights for 200 euro, covered studio lighting and everything.

Thanks tommyh1977, that does sound like a very good course price and time wise. Sadly, at the moment I only have the option of taking up a course in Cork City. It wouldn't even have to include studio lighting as I'm more interested in the nature side of things. Thanks for your help nevertheless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

These courses by 121Photo look quite good: http://121foto.com/workshop.html - Cork Based and small numbers.

• Advertisement

These courses by 121Photo look quite good: http://121foto.com/workshop.html - Cork Based and small numbers.

Thanks ValueInIreland! I've been looking for a while and never even heard of this place.. sounds like a brilliant option! :D

Advertisement