Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania.ie - price error, can they charge more?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I paid by PayPal at around 22.00 on Sunday night and the order still hasn't been validated. Apart from the original automatic confirmation at the time of the order I haven't received any other communication

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

still no communication here either
    i paid on sunday at 7 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Are people ****ing serious? It was a clear mistake and there is no way you are going to get it for €1.05. Let it go because some people on this thread are coming across like complete tossers. Joe Duffy / consumer rights.... unbelievable. How sad can you be?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭iknorr

I just received the refund email also. I responded with :

Hi, I refer to the email i received today, 02 Feb 2010, stating a that "Following your request, your order ********** has now been cancelled" . I never asked for a refund. I do not want a refund. I wish for the original order to be processed.
    I wish to inform you that i have already paid for the items via paypal. Your issuing of a refund is now proof that you have received payment for the item.
    Under no section of Pixmania terms and conditions is the action your are taking permitted.
    When Pixmania received my money, Pixmania and myself entered a contract.
    I have contacted Consumer Affairs about this and I am preparing to take further action if you do not respond to this within 48 hours.

so some orders have been validated and others have been refunded?

doesn't make sense if you ask me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

iknorr wrote: »
    any bodyr going to ring them to complain or talk to ur local news station about it?

Im working outside ireland at the mo so i cant. i havent received that email yet though.

unreal

Rycn wrote: »
    unreal

Y?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

i paid with paypal and on pixmania it is still at payment stage.

I did not recieve an email about getting a refund from them. but i have sent them an email anyway telling them i do not want a refund and that i am prepared to wait for the item if its currently out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Just got a mail
    Dear XXX,

We wish to inform you that your refund request for order CCLXXXXXXX is currently being processed.

You will receive a confirmation by email shortly.

Best Regards,

I rang them straight away and asked why. I was told that the item had been discontinued. I pointed out that the item is in stock at a different price. They said they will contact head office and get back to me. I also pointed out that the their terms and conditions
    Please note that we will honour your order while stock is available.

In the event where one of the products ordered is not in stock, we will contact you in less than 15 days as of your order date to inform you how long it will be before we are able to deliver the product.

If there are certain products that are temporarily unavailable, we will send the available products and will pay the shipping fees for the rest of the order.We will offer you a replacement for an unavailable product, a product of equal price and quality.
    If you choose to refuse, we will reimburse the unavailable product

Find it insulting that they would try that tact to be honest. Discontinued my h0le. I guess they are chancing their arm....

I paid by paypal by the way

j4vier wrote: »
    so some orders have been validated and others have been refunded?

doesn't make sense if you ask me

Mine was validated now being refunded....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

aidannulty wrote: »
    i paid with paypal and on pixmania it is still at payment stage.

I did not recieve an email about getting a refund from them. but i have sent them an email anyway telling them i do not want a refund and that i am prepared to wait for the item if its currently out of stock.

I'm in the same boat (though haven't emailed mind). Paid by PayPal Sunday night, still no word either way. Find it very strange that some orders have been honoured and others haven't.

I'll wait and see but not too hopefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

just received the refund email...
    Sent a response
    "Hi,
    I received an email stating "
    Following your request, your order CCLxxxxxxx has now been cancelled."

In fact, I did not request that the order be cancelled and instead urge you to please reinstate the order and please deliver the goods as ordered on Sunday, 31-Jan-2010

Regards,"

M5 wrote: »
    Just got a mail

I rang them straight away and asked why. I was told that the item had been discontinued. I pointed out that the item is in stock at a different price. They said they will contact head office and get back to me. I also pointed out that the their terms and conditions

Find it insulting that they would try that tact to be honest. Discontinued my h0le. I guess they are chancing their arm....

I paid by paypal by the way

Good stuff M5... what was the number you used to contact them with?

they are chancing their arm , as i said earlier, they only do the refund and say nothing else because this is admitting liability. but now the fact that they have issued a refund clearly indicates that they have received the money.

You can place your order with PIXmania.com over the phone by calling 01 659 0282 (Calls charged at national rate) Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

Might be an idea to flood them with calls for the next few days :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

just phoned them...

And in fairness to the guy I got he owned up - was cancelled due to technical error, apologised for inconvenience and we will all get an email shortly explaining the reasons for the refund, etc..
    Tired the "but I thought it was just a deal" but definitely an error, but he wasn't having it. And in all honesty, in coming clean it really undermines my ability to argue that it wasn't a mistake - if he had stated same story as others I would have pushed...

TBH this is how I thought it would end, but their T&Cs say equal price AND quality. Getting the player meets the second part, but not the first.

Thats as far as I'm willing to push it.
    Best of luck to others who continue to fight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

I "currently" disagree, if you paid by paypal you do have a case.

At this stage I do need some verification so I have contacted "consumer complaints" in Ireland. Ill wait to see what they say.

heres the link to the submit a complaint via website. It simple and shouldn't take 5 mins to do.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Working_With_You/Submit_a_Consumer_Complaint/

As someone who's involved in a number of online businesses, I can tell you that you don't have a case.

I just received the refund email also. I responded with :

Hi, I refer to the email i received today, 02 Feb 2010, stating a that "Following your request, your order ********** has now been cancelled" . I never asked for a refund. I do not want a refund. I wish for the original order to be processed.
    I wish to inform you that i have already paid for the items via paypal. Your issuing of a refund is now proof that you have received payment for the item.
    Under no section of Pixmania terms and conditions is the action your are taking permitted.
    When Pixmania received my money, Pixmania and myself entered a contract.
    I have contacted Consumer Affairs about this and I am preparing to take further action if you do not respond to this within 48 hours.

I'll give an example. You see the same pricing error in a retail store and pick up the item and walk to the cash desk. There's nobody at the cash desk, so you leave the money on top of the cash register with a note and walk out. Now you can say that you've given them the money for the item, but have they accepted your offer? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

gpf101 wrote: »
    Are people ****ing serious? It was a clear mistake and there is no way you are going to get it for €1.05. Let it go because some people on this thread are coming across like complete tossers. Joe Duffy / consumer rights.... unbelievable. How sad can you be?
    but sure aerlingus made the same mistake not so long ago, & they were forced to uphold the deal made, ppl are entitled fight it if they want, be it morally right or not, we all know it was a mistake, but you make a deal, you make a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

There is no room in this world for people who make mistakes :D

Pixmania should learn from their mistakes and if they have to send me a blu ray player to learn then so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭omega666

they are chancing their arm ,.

oh the irony in the statement
    they're not the only ones chancing thier arm!!

omega666 wrote: »
    oh the irony in the statement
    they're not the only ones chancing thier arm!!

and the award for stating the obvious goes to....

seriously whats the point in registering to post that? I ordered an item on a website at a price, would not call that chancing my arm

PS you may want to look up irony in the dictionary

EDIT: and i may stop contradicting myslef :)

• Advertisement

Hi gents apologies on my previous post about the contact for consumer complaints...

i just received a reply, the people who deal with these complaints are

The European Consumer Centre,
    13a Upper O'Connell Street,
    Dublin 1.
    Tel: 01 809 06 00
    Email: info@eccireland.ie
    Web: www.eccireland.ie

Direct link to complaints form... http://www.eccireland.ie/downloads/online_complaint_form.pdf

Send all complaints and queries to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Are people seriously going to complain to the ECC for what they knew was an obvious case of mispricing ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

Jip wrote: »
    Are people seriously going to complain to the ECC for what they knew was an obvious case of mispricing ? :eek:

yeah worth a shot. sure iv not much else to do with my time

Jip wrote: »

I think the whole thing hinges on exactly when payment is legally accepted TBH. if it has been accepted then they have to honor the contract.

If I find information that they have accepted payment, i confront them with those facts and they still refuse, i will contact them for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

My order had been validated, then I got an email saying 'my request for a refund is being processed' even though I didnt order one.

am I right to say that by taking the payment and validating the order that I have a case?

I replied to them (they changed several of their emails :D) and informed them that I did not want a refund

got the email about the refund as well

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gene Parmesan

anyone have pixmania's custimer service email, as they wont let me log in

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭omega666

M5 wrote: »
    I ordered an item on a website at a price, would not call that chancing my arm

you order an item just to take advantage of an obvious price mistake, id call that chancing my arm. Unless of course you happened to be buying that exact blu ray player at that exact time anyway from the pixmania website.

cant believe people are that scabby contacting joe duffy, the EEC, brian cowen etc.. because they tried to fleece a company and it didnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got the refund email as well, it was expected anyway.

It was worth a shot, now its over, going to move over and find some other BA's :)

• Advertisement

can anyone post a print screen of the original item?

Advertisement