Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania.ie - price error, can they charge more?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

rubadub wrote: »
    MINE SAYS ITS DISPATCHED!!!

Note it says out of stock but the 1 is below QTY DEL

Some numbers deleted off my number there.

I did get in early when the thread was posted.

Mine said the same, got the standard refunded mail this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

iknorr wrote: »
    For those of you who think we shouldnt follow this up, then just stop posting on this thread. You are not being helpful in any way.
    aidannulty wrote: »
    im with iknorr on this. Only people who want a positive outcome from this thread should continue to post here.

aidannulty and iknorr Please desist from back-seat modding. Other posters are perfectly entitled to comment on your actions. If you continue in this vein, infractions and/or bans will be awarded.
    iknorr wrote:
    Attacking me on a personnal level with comments like "unreal" and "your ridiculous" will not change my mind on how i will proceed with this.

Maybe you should pay heed to some of the more experienced posters on this forum who are aware of Consumer and Contract law.

General Warning to all Posters This thread is getting silly. Any further nonsense will result in moderator action

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

M5 wrote: »
    Mine said the same, got the standard refunded mail this morning

Did you get a date of dispatch and DHL tracking number?

Did you get a date of dispatch and DHL tracking number?

Nope, you did?

EDIT, im blind

Nope, you did?
    Yes, as in my post
    Carrier : DHL
    Date of dispatch : 02/02/2010
    Tracking number JD000226046506

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Ya jammy b*stard ! :D

I got in early too, ordered around 6pm. Got the refund request e-mail this morning. Twas worth a shot anyhow, good to hear at least some people got one :pac:

Yes, as in my post

fecker! :) ordered mine 20 mins after you

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

which is the best email address to respond to the refund mail? as I cant respond directly to the mail they sent me and ended up replying through faq
    link in that email

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    which is the best email address to respond to the refund mail? as I cant respond directly to the mail they sent me and ended up replying through faq
    link in that email

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/contacts.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Note it says out of stock but the 1 is below QTY DEL

Some numbers deleted off my number there.

I did get in early when the thread was posted.

Paid by mastercard. And yes I did order just the 1.

Ordered 10 mins before you but paid with paypal :D Got the refund emails though.

• Advertisement

Ordered 10 mins before you but paid with paypal :D Got the refund emails though.

he/she may well be winding us up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Haha probably, aren't DHL tracking numbers one digit longer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Dear Mr.Tea,

Thank you for ordering on Pixmania.com.

Following your request, your order CCL116474026 has now been cancelled.

Considering that your payment has already been confirmed, we are currently processing a refund for your order.

A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you within 72 hours.

We would like to apologise for this inconvenience and we hope you visit our website again soon.

Best Regards,

James Felix
    Customer Service Director

Boll*x's

fair play to anyone who gets this, but i really hope the OP of the bargain alert gets one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

this whole debacle is so funny :P

I ordered five with the intention of selling them on and passing all the money onto charity (I know an animal rescue with a massive vet bill right now)

Mine is currently at the "preparation" stage (the one after validation) but the products are showing as out of stock.

Not hopeful but will be a nice bonus for the charity if it goes through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I placed the order on 1 Feb around 12.30 midnight and paid by Paypal.

Got an email regarding a refund request being processed this morning around 8.20. Now just received an email from Paypal that the monies has been refunded by Pixmania back to my Paypal account.

So, there's definitely no Blu Ray player... None.. Nada.. Nil.. :(

b*stard ! :D
    fecker!
    Thanks for the kind words! ;)
    I would think the same TBH, I thought somebody would have faked a screenshot by now. I still have my fingers crossed here.
    Haha probably, aren't DHL tracking numbers one digit longer! :D
    Yep, a few digits more, I said I deleted a few.

I still have not got a dispatch confirmation email from pixmania. I ordered stuff before christmas and I think the dispatch email came a day after the listed date of dispatch on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Decided to follow up on this for the laugh.

Rang Pixmania. Customer care guy explained that it was a pricing error and that under legislation Pixmania is unable to sell at a loss.

I said that

A) by taking my payment and validating pixmania enetered into a contract with me to provide the good.

and

B) that their correspondence suggested a request for a refund on my part which I did not authorise.

Pushed for a 'compromise' to which the rep said he would contact his superior about. That's more than likely the last I'll hear from them till my money is forced back on me but it's fun making pixmania squirm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭iknorr

well done

Excellent, im glad people are following this up. Hopefully a few more will get the player or a decent compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Got mine today! Just quote every consumer law and don't give in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

right you did!! post a screenshot of your pixmania a/c so!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Or a pic of the player itself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

relax he could have gotten his refund email :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Just got the standard cancellation email.
    pixmania wrote:
    Following your request, your order CCLxxxxxxxx has now been cancelled.

I mailed them to say that I didn't request that the order be cancelled and that I don't want to cancel the order.

tbh, I feel a little bit dirty; it was an obvious data entry error on their part and I shouldn't really be trying to exploit it. On the other hand, they screwed up and are now following their screw up with a blatent lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Just got the refund into my paypal a/c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTKTwNME5w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

i was onto them and they told me they can get out of it because irish law says you cant sell something cheaper than the manufacture. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Ejayb4 wrote: »
    i was onto them and they told me they can get out of it because irish law says you cant sell something cheaper than the manufacture. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Would love to know if that's true - aren't loss leaders now common amongst big stores?

To be honest I never and still dont expect to get the thing, but pixmania's unauthorised 'refunding' on our behalves is surely very dodgy?

Ejayb4 wrote: »

Rubbish, that was repealed about a year ago, french law introduced it recently tho, or so google tells me. If thats their excuse they can sell it to me at cost price + 1 cent! And thats not gona happen i'm sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

Rubbish, that was repealed about a year ago,
    they said irish law. recon there is anywhere we can find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got my refund to my paypal account:( Ah, sure it was fun while it lasted:pac: These mis-price threads are always great reading:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Rubbish, that was repealed about a year ago, french law introduced it recently tho, or so google tells me. If thats their excuse they can sell it to me at cost price + 1 cent! And thats not gona happen i'm sure

I guess they could sell it to you at the original price and then adjust the transaction to make an ex gratia payment to you for the difference (for your troubles).

If they wanted to, they could. (But they don't want to, so they won't)

Advertisement