Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania.ie - price error, can they charge more?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Sent them an email last week complaining about the way this has been handled. Got an email today offering a €20 voucher.

Would rather the DVD player for the price, but it's a decent gesture.
    What can I get from them for €20?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Blisterman wrote: »

19 Philips Blu Ray players?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

Blisterman wrote: »
    Sent them an email last week complaining about the way this has been handled. Got an email today offering a €20 voucher.

Would rather the DVD player for the price, but it's a decent gesture.

Got a similar email from them, "offering" a €20 voucher.

No sign of the voucher in the email though.:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

is this normal?

I've still not had mine cancelled, and only today I can see the €16.06 has been removed for me credit card, however the order is still just "Your order has been validated by our Customer Service." and no sign of dispatch.

mayordenis wrote: »
    is this normal?

What is normal?
    How do you define normal?

Morpheus1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

rubadub wrote: »
    82030239.jpg
    75481785.jpg
    :P

My post 613...infamous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

mayordenis wrote: »
    is this normal?

I've still not had mine cancelled, and only today I can see the €16.06 has been removed for me credit card, however the order is still just "Your order has been validated by our Customer Service." and no sign of dispatch.

im the same, still no email saying it has been canceled but on the site it says its still waiting to be validated. i don't know whether to send them an email or wait and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Same for the one I ordered with paypal, waiting to be validated, money gone from paypal and paypal took the money from my credit card, no email saying anything about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gene Parmesan

my orders the same, emailed them yesterday no response. i thought it might have been that i ordered other products at the same time. irregardless of the amount of orders they received its pretty shambolic customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

My brother's player arrived yesterday from DHL,originally when he checked item status it said currenly out of stock,no hdmi cable included though.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Invincible wrote: »
    My brother's player arrived yesterday from DHL,originally when he checked item status it said currenly out of stock,no hdmi cable included though.:)
    did he get it for the cheap price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

seanybiker wrote: »
    did he get it for the cheap price?

Yes,€16.06 including Zen agreement and delivery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Has he raised a support ticket over the missing HDMI cable? :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

MOH wrote: »
    Has he raised a support ticket over the missing HDMI cable? :P

LOL!!!!!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Yes,€16.06 including Zen agreement and delivery. :)

Jammy git :mad: - ;)

Dunno if I'm the only one, but I'm still pestering Pixmania about this order.

The latest reply from them has quoted some French Civil Law thing, quoted below. The bit that interests me though is the bit I've bolded.
    Surely this means that we're entitled to the player, and they've shot themselves in the foot by sending on the legislation?

PRIX vil. Vile price. The price is the sum of money which the buyer obligates himself to give in exchange for the thing. The price necessarily must consist of money; the law does not say that, judging it perhaps unless to explain itself on the point, for this clearly is the only thing which distinguishes the sale from the exchange. The price can be either a sum payable in one or several terms or an annuity, and such annuity can perpetual or for life. One says that the price is vile when it is so inferior to the real value of the thing that the vendor suffers a loss out of proportion to the risks in the ordinary course of affairs. The difference between the price and the value of the thing constitutes what s called lesion. In principle, the vileness of the price does not affect the validity of the sale. It is only where an immovable is sold that the law takes the lesion into consideration by granting an action rescission to the vendor when the lesion exceeds seven-twelfths of the true value (Traité Elémentaire de Droit Civil).

My order paid with Paypal still hasn't progressed and haven't heard anything from them. Sent them a mail over 2 days ago and still no reply. But will make a note of the vile price above :) when they do get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    My order paid with Paypal still hasn't progressed and haven't heard anything from them. Sent them a mail over 2 days ago and still no reply. But will make a note of the vile price above :) when they do get in touch

im in the same situation, sent them an email today and they replied saying that they're going to get onto the validation department to see whats going on.

mailrewop wrote: »
    im in the same situation, sent them an email today and they replied saying that they're going to get onto the validation department to see whats going on.

At least you got a reply I got nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 43 JamesMcAteer93

Received mine 2 weeks ago,
    Good luck to anybody still fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

bump

Are people still waiting on refunds?

Bumble32 wrote: »
    bump

Are people still waiting on refunds?

yes still waiting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

did anyone who got cancelled manage to actually get one sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Soarer wrote: »
    Dunno if I'm the only one, but I'm still pestering Pixmania about this order.

The latest reply from them has quoted some French Civil Law thing, quoted below. The bit that interests me though is the bit I've bolded.
    Surely this means that we're entitled to the player, and they've shot themselves in the foot by sending on the legislation?

PRIX vil. Vile price. The price is the sum of money which the buyer obligates himself to give in exchange for the thing. The price necessarily must consist of money; the law does not say that, judging it perhaps unless to explain itself on the point, for this clearly is the only thing which distinguishes the sale from the exchange. The price can be either a sum payable in one or several terms or an annuity, and such annuity can perpetual or for life. One says that the price is vile when it is so inferior to the real value of the thing that the vendor suffers a loss out of proportion to the risks in the ordinary course of affairs. The difference between the price and the value of the thing constitutes what s called lesion. In principle, the vileness of the price does not affect the validity of the sale. It is only where an immovable is sold that the law takes the lesion into consideration by granting an action rescission to the vendor when the lesion exceeds seven-twelfths of the true value (Traité Elémentaire de Droit Civil).

But read on after the bold bit to where it says if the lesion being the difference is more than 7/12ths of the true value French law grants an action rescission to the vendor.

Advertisement