Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Evening - Romantic Irish Recipe?

Options
  • 31-01-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭

I will be in China for Valentines with my beloved and as we eat out all the time over there i would like to do something special and more personal for the big night itself.
    Most western ingrediants can be sourced over there, the bigger stores even have western sections with western foods so I should be able to get most supplies there.

I'd like to cook her an Irish recipe if at all possible. We both have sea food allergies so sea food is out. The only Irish dish I know of is stew but I'm sure there must be other options than stew (unless anyone has a killer stew recipe they recommend, mine is..very studenty!).

So any romantic souls there have any suggestions? I really would like to do a couple of trial runs before heading out there so I can impress her with my brilliant chef skills!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

First of all this is super romantic!! So in terms of recipes, I would recommend:

Starter: Brown soda bread and soup
    Main course: Bacon & Cabbage (doesn't sound romantic but if your partner is Irish [I don't know] and living in China then I bet any money she's craving some bacon, cabbage, mashed potatoes and white sauce) or Roast Beef, Carrots, Potatoes and Gravy (bring some bisto with you)
    Afters: Bread & Butter pudding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Take a look on www.rte.ie and click on the Food link. You'll get some nice ideas there.

Advertisement