Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladyfinger biscuits?!

Options
  • 31-01-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy these in Dublin? Surprise surprise, Tesco don't have them at the moment :mad:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Most places do them. JC's in Swords if you are out that direction. Try another Tescos, or Dunnes or Superquinn etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Most places have them. They may be sold under other names like sponge-fingers, trifle sponges or boudoir biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Did you ask at the information counter in tesco, they move the stuff all over the place in my tesco. Lot of cakes & things are now amongst the bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Thanks all!! Got 'em in Dunnes!! :)

Now, does anyone know what dessert I could make with ladyfingers, strawberry's, cream, blueberrys and 6 wine glasses?

I've a bit of kahlua too if that helps?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Glowing wrote: »

Now, does anyone know what dessert I could make with ladyfingers, strawberry's, cream, blueberrys and 6 wine glasses?

I just dunk them in the mug of coffee ;) NOMMIE :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

dh0661 wrote: »
    I just dunk them in the mug of coffee ;) NOMMIE :)

LOL! I made the mistake of opening the packet earlier, and they're starting to look a little sparce :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BrigR

How about something like Eaton Mess with broken ladyfingers instead of meringues? Or get some mascapone and do a fruity variation on tiramisu.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Chop up berries, maybe cook a little
    Layer of whipped cream mixed with booze
    Layer of crushed biccies
    more berries
    More cream
    Sprinkle some crushed biccies on the top.

Voila; individual trifles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rachel Chen

hi can you please tell me which Dunnes did you get ladyfingers? I've been looking for it for long time. Thx:)

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy these in Dublin? Surprise surprise, Tesco don't have them at the moment :mad:

Thanks!
    hi can you please tell me which Dunnes did you get ladyfingers? I've been looking for it for long time. Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

muckety wrote: »

Thanks a million:)

Advertisement