Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dolmio extra spicy sauce

Options
  • 31-01-2010 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone. I was just rooting through the presses out in the kitchen and found some of the "dolmio extra spicy sauce". It says its for bolognese, whatever that is, I think its just that spagetthi stuff. Anyways it also says to use mince and eat away all you want. Ya see the thing is, my twin brother only has enough mince for his food tomoorow, so I was just wondering, can I use little bits of chicken instead of the mince or would that be horrible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Cook some pasta. Drain it. Heat the contents of the jar in either a pan or in the microwave until piping hot. Stir the sauce through the cooked pasta. Top with grated cheese. You can even stick it under the grill for a minute or two so the cheese starts to bubble.

I don't know if you're using raw chicken or cooked or what, but either way a few pieces of cooked chicken on the side along with that pasta is a perfectly respectable meal.

You could brown off some raw chicken in a pan, then add the sauce, but I find chicken in tomato sauce a bit sharp and I'd rather have it on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Simmer some chopped mushrooms, courgettes, and red or green pepper in the sauce for 10 mins, and use that to bulk up the dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

You could brown off some raw chicken in a pan, then add the sauce, but I find chicken in tomato sauce a bit sharp and I'd rather have it on the side.

thats what I ended up doing in the end. wasnt as spicy as I thought it would be. Saying that though I normally go for the hottest stuff I can get.
    Glowing wrote: »
    Simmer some chopped mushrooms, courgettes, and red or green pepper in the sauce for 10 mins, and use that to bulk up the dinner!

Wouldnt be into mushrooms to be honest. Good idea though. I might try that the next time.

Im not really much of a cook and I dont eat a wide variety of foods so I must start getting into making what I do like at home, instead of takeaways.
    I think next up is to try make a homemade pizza :P

thanks for the tips lads :)

Advertisement