Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy hackney drivers dangerous?

Options
2»

Comments

OK - before we start going in circles here.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the OP regarding what he should do about recording / presenting info to the guards / papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Ozzie wrote: »
    Barney, your doing alot of whingeing there. If YOU witness something that YOU think the Gardai are interested in then YOU go to the gardai and YOU make a statement. If a prosecution results, YOU will have to go to court and give evidence about what YOU witnessed.

I'm sure if the Gardai witnessed something themselves they'd deal with it themselves.

If worrying about the safety of my children and trying to get advice on what to do after REPORTING THIS 4 TIMES TO THE "GARDAI" is what you consider "whinging" then i'd suggest you take a look at yourself.
    I WOULD GLADLY go to court as a witness to any of these incidents.
    However; for me to have a chance to do this the "gardai" would have to actually investigate and do their job.. the hackney drivers of Enniscorthy have already claimed the life of one person in the town... obviously trying to prevent another death is not the correct thing to do in your view?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

There is a difference between "reporting" something and "making a statement". If you witnessed dangerous driving by a hackney then go to the guards and ask to make a statement and tell them you are willing to go to court. You are the only one who can give details: number plate, time, location, nature of dangerous driving, etc. The guards should follow it up, identify the driver and summons him/her. Then you go to court and tell the judge what you saw.

I'm just giving you a reasonable option as to how to address something that you clearly feel strongly about.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

I've to agree with Barney, the hackney drivers in Enniscorthy are LETHAL! I live about 10 minutes outside the town, and the last 3 times I've gotten a taxi, a very very dozy female drive (not being sexist - I'm a female) has driven me home and has spent the majority of her time on the phone to her son about what to have for dinner.... She was all over the road and overtook a car on a dangerous bend while speaking on the phone (the road in question is the Kiltealy one - not exactly the safest road in Wexford!!) I made a complaint with the company who laughed, and said i should have told her to cop on... And when I requested another driver I was told I'd either go with her, wait an hour for another driver to get back from Gorey, or go over to the Shannon to get another taxi... Needless to say, I haven't used them since. They are a farce.

Advertisement