Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mastercard in uk

Options
  • 31-01-2010 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Can i withdraw cash over the counter in a bank in the uk with my bank of ireland mastercard? thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If they have a credit card POS machine, then you should be able to. You'll probably need to bring ID with you, and you'll also be charged for withdrawing cash from your credit card, providing you don't have a credit balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

thanks for that.would it be normal to have credit card POS machine in a bank? thanks

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm not sure what way they do it in the UK, I work in BOI here, and all branches have one for just this purpose. Are you looking to withdraw a particularly large sum of money? Your card should also work in the ATM.

want to take out 1000 but there is a 400 limit on the cash machines. thanks again

thanks for your help toots. they gave me the money in barclays , passport was all the wanted, didnt even ask for a pin number.

• Advertisement

Deadly, glad you got sorted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

thanks for your help toots. they gave me the money in barclays , passport was all the wanted, didnt even ask for a pin number.

That's suprising.

yep it suprised me too.:eek:

Advertisement