Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

I am trying to put nobody off but pointing out the dangers.

hmmmm REALLY!!!!!

Take a fools advice and dont get the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I should point out the not one tattooist in Ireland actually has their steriliser validated,.

Unless you have been into EVERY parlour in Ireland RECENTLY, shut your face with the groundless accusations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

Unless you have been into EVERY parlour in Ireland RECENTLY, shut your face with the groundless accusations.
    I have, so shut your fckuing face matey cock. Accusations? Where are you reading , dopey?

Well taht prooves my point. That is not a validation mate. I can put Geobacillus stearothermophilus and Bacillus atrophaeus spores into an autocalve and they will pass if left there for 30 minutes. I cannot discuss with somebody who knows nothing about the subject. Standard cycle for a decent autoclave is 134C for > 3.5 minutes and that is for an unwrapped load with no prevacuums and drying cycle.

Nobody in tattooing would have a USE for a 3.5 minute cycle with an unwrapped load, so why bring it up? Maybe you aren't particularly well versed in tattooing..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Now now calm it down a bit.

• Advertisement

I have, so shut your fckuing face matey cock. Accusations? Where are you reading , dopey?

Every single one? what agency is employed by every single one? or are you claiming to be a covert clave ninja who sneaks in for free?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

right, had a read over this, nice thread with some good information (from all sides).

Itsonlywords, i think the problems lies in the fact you said every single artist in ireland doesnt comply to this and then go to say you've tested a few and they didn't. Really big brush you are tarring with there. I think thats what some people have an issue with here. I understand you are coming from a professional backround , and i respect that but remember you are facing a forum where tattoo's and bodymods are a passion and lifestyle for many and you may tread on a few toes with saying that you would be silly to get one done. People are always aware of the dangers and the infections implications and imo the fact that the op came here asking for our recommendation on a parlour to visit would make me believe he wants to be safe.

as regards tattoo infection taking place, in pretty much any case of an infection iv seen,it was due to the person who received the tattoo not taking care of it correctly and allowing germs to breed or not washing it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ban and infraction issued, this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tarrah

they say its sorest as its down your ribcage and a very fragile place to get tattoo'd. but it all depends on your pain threshold.
    myself, i have one on my hip, and one on my lower back,
    my hip didnt hurt at all, and outline of the lower back hurt, other than that, that was grand,
    the thoughts of it make you more nervous than anything,
    just make sure its something you really want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

tarrah wrote: »
    they say its sorest as its down your ribcage and a very fragile place to get tattoo'd. but it all depends on your pain threshold.
    myself, i have one on my hip, and one on my lower back,
    my hip didnt hurt at all, and outline of the lower back hurt, other than that, that was grand,
    the thoughts of it make you more nervous than anything,
    just make sure its something you really want

Ribs hurt like fluck! Well worth it though, IMO!

• Advertisement
Advertisement