Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking Your Network

Options
  • 31-01-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    I just got a wireless network router and hooked it up to my laptop ok. However, I'd like to make sure it's secure and that other people can't access it. I was wondering if anyone knows an app I can download from the web which will search for wireless networks in the area and try to get on to them. So I'lll be able to see how easy or difficult it would be for someone to try to access mine. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What has the security of other networks got to do with your network? If you had asked how to check your network, it'd be slightly believe. Pull the other one.

Hi!
    I just got a wireless network router and hooked it up to my laptop ok. However, I'd like to make sure it's secure and that other people can't access it. I was wondering if anyone knows an app I can download from the web which will search for wireless networks in the area and try to get on to them. So I'lll be able to see how easy or difficult it would be for someone to try to access mine. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement