If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Onkyo HT-S5205

Options
  • 31-01-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭

Hi

Great forum this and great reading

Am looking at buying the Onkyo HT-S5205

All I really want is to hook up my XBOX, Samsung BD-P1620 Blu Ray and my HD TV box.

Would this also take the Onkyo iPod Dock ?

Am I as well to buy this system or is it better to buy total separates and speakers ?

What would you advise ?

I am looking at something like this so if I change hardware at least the Onkyo will be consistent.

Whats the best price for the advised system?

Thanks

SZ

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Buuuummmmmmmmmppppppp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

any one ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

szondi,

You post seems to have been missed - feel free to give Dave or Kenny a ring at the shop on 04890 321332.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Twodogs,

Please read the Stickey entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" and in particular the following:
    Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.

If you see a bargain from another retailer, feel free to bring it to Bargain Alerts, if you want to comment on service etc. or discuss "where" to get "what" etc, feel free to start a thread in the Home Entertainment forum.

and

As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice.

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Szondi wrote: »
    Hi

Great forum this and great reading

Am looking at buying the Onkyo HT-S5205

All I really want is to hook up my XBOX, Samsung BD-P1620 Blu Ray and my HD TV box.

Would this also take the Onkyo iPod Dock ?

Am I as well to buy this system or is it better to buy total separates and speakers ?

What would you advise ?

I am looking at something like this so if I change hardware at least the Onkyo will be consistent.

Whats the best price for the advised system?

Thanks

SZ

SZ,

oh dear - apologies for the delay getting back to you - The 5205 - we are almost out of stock of this unit and Onkyo say it is now a finished unit! :eek: (typical just as it was getting really popular!) I can do one for you at £329.95 if you are interested? and I'll do free shipping to apologise for leaving you so long without an answer.

Give me a shout if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

Apologies Ritz, I was only passing on info because it was bumped several times

Twodogs,

Understand that :). I've deleted a similar post of yours elsewhere on this forum, please check the Stickey to avoid any further posts being deleted.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Twodogs wrote: »
    Apologies Ritz, I was only passing on info because it was bumped several times

Two dogs - yep no problem and it's our fault for being so slow (we were perving over new toys at an exhibition Holland - I'll post on the ISE show over the weekend)

Apologies again guys for being so slow and thanks Ritzy..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.