Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been ripped off buy a Tradesman or Business

Options
  • 31-01-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am doing some research into dodgy businesses, like the mechanic that finds alot of problems with your car you were unaware of and that dont exist. the builder that you pay to do a service but does a cowboy job on it. anything really that youd consider a rip of or a con. Id like to hear your stories.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Dars wrote: »
    I am doing some research into dodgy businesses, like the mechanic that finds alot of problems with your car you were unaware of and that dont exist. the builder that you pay to do a service but does a cowboy job on it. anything really that youd consider a rip of or a con. Id like to hear your stories.

Search function is just above you to the right Sir :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

Who hasn't?- more like.

Here's one of a string of stories I could rattle on about...

Louey the Plasterer from Rathfarnam stung me for €400 and did a horrible job of the ceiling that you really couldn't really see until it had fully dried out a week after he'd gone. Now special to plasterers I pay 50% when they put the trowel down and the rest when it's dried out.
    I've no problem paying the workers but the cowboys do have a problem coming back to fix the jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭iknorr

a mechanic in cork decided he was to change and angle grind a bracket for me, even though i just asked him to change some electrical connections to a different type. Added 30 minutes labour at 65 an hour . he said either pay or im going to rip out the electric connections and it will cos alot more than that to get a repair truck to remove the car from the road outside the garage.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself ?

It would be terrible if boardsie were being used as fodder for a lazy journo's article or programme...

Advertisement