Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excursion to Gamesnash Live in Dunboyne

Options
  • 31-01-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭

They gave out prizes at LanParty and have told us we're more than welcome to come along so I reckon it's about time we get off our arses and get down there.

Dunboyne is serviced by Dublin Bus so most of us have no excuse not to go.

So who is up for this?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

They gave out prizes at LanParty and have told us we're more than welcome to come along so I reckon it's about time we get off our arses and get down there.

Dunboyne is serviced by Dublin Bus so most of us have no excuse not to go.

So who is up for this?

I want to scope the plce out tbh but I'm off the germania for two weeks next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

It'd be good for a day trip alright, but looking at the pics, would 10+ of us fit in the room? Theres a Gamesnash.ie rep often lurking in the games forum, somebody pm him & ask.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Does anyone know if Dublin Bus service Clarecastle? Or if there's a camel link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sabre0002

Xinkai wrote: »
    It'd be good for a day trip alright, but looking at the pics, would 10+ of us fit in the room? Theres a Gamesnash.ie rep often lurking in the games forum, somebody pm him & ask.

Definately room for 10...In either room. Nice place. Bright but most importantly, airy :D May have to change the name of the RanBat.

My Visit

Definately worth a go - only an hour away by bus from city centre (at most I'd say) and €2.20 each way...Bus (70 / 70a) drops you really close.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll head along.

Pretty much free always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ditto :)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I don't lurk that much - Google Alerts FTW ! ;)

As sabre mentioned we can accomodate 10 seated per room but there is plenty of room for standing spectators beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm in.
    I suggest we meet up in dublin first, nice and early then head as a group.

hopefully it would be a good chance to p.ay wide variety of games.

might price a room there if anyone wants to get langered there after.

Charlie gamesnash, do you have any ps2s?

I'm in.
    I suggest we meet up in dublin first, nice and early then head as a group.

hopefully it would be a good chance to p.ay wide variety of games.

might price a room there if anyone wants to get langered there after.

Charlie ?????? :confused:

There is a hotel just outside of the town if you were going to go all out :D

PS2 wise we have access to a couple if you need them but you'd probably be looking at bringing your own games, we've a very limited range of PS2 games on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Charlie ?????? :confused:

I believe he's referring to how Charlie is called Nash in Japan:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/charlie.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I could bring my ps2 which is loaded with plenty of good games. I doubt it would be their policy to allow us to bring our own though.

But this sounds good to me. Can't go wrong if its accessible by dublin bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Yreval wrote: »
    I believe he's referring to how Charlie is called Nash in Japan:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/charlie.html

Indeed, in the movie they couldn't choose so called him Charlie Nash.

PS2 wise, I'm thinking people could bring their games, CVS2, GuiltyGear, some of the KOFs, decent third strike etc.

I have the god awful Neo Geo Battle colluseum for example.
    unfortunatly my CVS2 got "borrowed" and i havent seen it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

animaX wrote: »
    I could bring my ps2 which is loaded with plenty of good games. I doubt it would be their policy to allow us to bring our own though.

But this sounds good to me. Can't go wrong if its accessible by dublin bus!

Yeh, I'd be down with that. Its 15 minutes away from me in the car.

Terry -> Policy????? I'm sure they'll accommodate in order to generate the interest.

You'll find us as flexible as we can be for you. No major issue with anyone wanting to bring their own equipment as long at it's not hacked consoles etc which could get us into trouble ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd really love to hear from the Northern gang if they would travel further travelling for a bit of comfort at our ranbats.

I would, but then I am a creature of comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You'll find us as flexible as we can be for you. No major issue with anyone wanting to bring their own equipment as long at it's not hacked consoles etc which could get us into trouble ;)

Best leave it at home so Terry!

EDIT: Probably just means hacked 360s as they don't want their IP associated with them.

Are all your tellies LCD or do you have any CRTs? (CRTs are far better for fighting games because they don't have input lag)

as long at it's not hacked consoles etc which could get us into trouble ;)

oh....eh.....ooops! :P

Best leave it at home so Terry!

EDIT: Probably just means hacked 360s as they don't want their IP associated with them.

Are all your tellies LCD or do you have any CRTs? (CRTs are far better for fighting games because they don't have input lag)

They're all LCD I'm afraid .. Samsung 32 inch 1080p full HD. Model number is le32b530p7w if that helps you - we haven't had any complaints about input lag but then again not everyone would take the fighting games as seriously as you guys.

As for the hacked consoles - it would certainly be an IP issue but aside from that we couldn't be seen to publically condone hacking consoles for obvious reasons so I'd have to say here blanket ban on all hacked consoles.

@ Gamesnash.ie (Pat)

Do you ever consider all night lock ins for a set fee? Say something like 9pm-9am, keeping one member of staff in the shop too?

Hi Xinkai

The location in Dunboyne is under an apartment complex and to be fair to our neighbours especially those immediately above us we would not be in a position to open any kind of unsociable hours ( unsociable of course being defined by the neighbours )

We will however add this as a criteria for choosing future locations as it has been asked a couple of times already.

• Advertisement

Say something like 9pm-9am,

Do you think many people would be up for that?! I like my beauty sleep :D

Do you think many people would be up for that?! I like my beauty sleep :D

Me too but apparently there are those who don't need it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I'm up for it. I've been disheartened by my GT situation so I shall return to my SFIV ways :p. I wouldn't be able to make it down for a while though, tons, tons and tons of coursework these days but it sounds great.

I know this seems to be in the wrong forum but you seem fairly active here Pat which is why I'm asking here. Would you have any racing wheels (PS3/X360)? To accommodate for those of us of a racing nature ;)

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I'm up for it. I've been disheartened by my GT situation so I shall return to my SFIV ways :p. I wouldn't be able to make it down for a while though, tons, tons and tons of coursework these days but it sounds great.

I know this seems to be in the wrong forum but you seem fairly active here Pat which is why I'm asking here. Would you have any racing wheels (PS3/X360)? To accommodate for those of us of a racing nature ;)

Active lurking yes ;)

Not at the moment - nobody has even asked for them tbh but like anything else if there's enough demand we will meet it. Let me know when the coursework is done and I can update you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'd really love to hear from the Northern gang if they would travel further travelling for a bit of comfort at our ranbats.

I would, but then I am a creature of comfort.

Just speaking for myself;more comfortable and possibly better ventilated conditions is definately appealing but it could be a right pain to have to head to Dublin and then on to Dunboyne and then back again in the same day.

Unless there's an easier way?I'll investigate!

TERRY i wouldn't DARE disturb your beauty sleep, god knows you need it pal ;)

Na i was inquiring cause some of my college friends run a games-soc & the XGC does get a tad nippy during the night...

Sorry Chop :P

Huh?

I didn't mention anything about either beauty or sleep you ginger mess!

Calm down lads, it was me who mentioned beauty sleep! Now, the two of you shake hands :pac:

Calm down lads, it was me who mentioned beauty sleep! Now, the two of you shake hands :pac:

He started it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I'm definitely up for this.

On a related note, my copy of TvC arrived today, I'll bring it along if anyone wants a few games.

Advertisement