Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non original cover on n95, will it effect warranty?

• 31-01-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

assuming my nokia n95 8gig is still within the 2 year warranty period will having a non-official cover on it effect it being repaired under warranty?

it's half a job .. there's half an official cover on it and half an unofficial cover.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Warranty is gone since you changed the cover, BUT if its not noticeable you probably will be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

it's very noticable. there's a mix of blue and black covers on it lol

change it back then :rolleyes: you might get it fixed than, plus it will look better :pac:

the reason it was changed in the first place is because of damage to the original. i have nothing to change it to or back to.

ah well, might chance my arm anyway and see how much it costs to fix this screen fault.

hmmm,, wouldnt cost you much but cant see you getting away with it, if the blue housing is on it.

I think i have a n9 cover i could give you, but its the n95-1, you have the 8gb iirc?

• Advertisement

i've got the 8gig yah :(

you could try getting one of ebay pretty cheap?

Worse case scenario change the lcd yourself. Will be cheaper than what you would have to pay them

If you can wait 10 days then here's your answer: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12108

Funny though, this appear alongside it. No comments or reviews on it, probably not much use: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30034

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Had a similar thing with my N82 a couple of weeks back. Left it in for a screen repair with an Asian keypad on.

The guy on the desk immediately said it was out of warranty because it wasn't bought in Europe but I explained that I'd changed the keypad and that it was in warranty as I'd checked the IMEI over the phone with them earlier.

No hassle after that.

It wasn't BLUE now mind but I'm
    assuming the same rules should apply in your case :)

I'd say you were lucky longb, he could have said no, warranty is gone because you opened the handset

• Advertisement

might chance my arm at the weekend and pop into mprc or the dawson st shop and see what they say. will give them a buzz too and see.

thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement