Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scubapro Mask Buckle

• 31-01-2010 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have a scubapro fino mask but I have broken one of the buckles for the strap. They don't seem to make them anymore and the newer masks have a different attachment. Does anyone know where I would be able to get one or even if any of the other scubapro masks use the same type of buckle?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

fino spare buckles can be found here: http://www.onlinedivestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=3

scubastore.com have some scubapro spare mask buckles, under masks and then spare parts but i'm not sure if they would fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ofarrelld

Thanks for the help, I wasn't sure about the scubastore ones myself. Now its just the excessive postage costs for something so small to contend with...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I, however, have a Poseidon mask which I love, but I lost one of the little pins that holds the strap on.

About an inch long, with ends thinner than the main part.

Bummer. I don't suppose there's any possibility of getting a replacement? Poseidon can't help.

A.

I think most of those pieces from different manufacturers are pretty similar, might be worth looking at some spares in dive shops. Just watch out in case the buckle is broken somewhere you can't see without taking it apart, thats what happened to mine and I thought i'd fixed it but it fell apart again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

alinton wrote: »
    I, however, have a Poseidon mask which I love, but I lost one of the little pins that holds the strap on.

About an inch long, with ends thinner than the main part.
    A.

Maybe going to a jeweller/watchmaker would help? They have many different sizes of pins for watch straps etc.

Worth a try - let 'em see the good one on the other side.

Seadeuce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

When all else fails........... use a cable tie.......
    My gear is literally held together with them. Strong as ****.

Thats what i'm doing for the time being, never underestimate the power of string and cable ties...

Advertisement