Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone use a canon 70-200 f4

• 31-01-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

hey looking on feed back on this lens the canon 70-200 f4 as the 70-200is is way out my pocket range has any one samples of the type of pix you can get with it thanks in advance simon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i have one

its is amazingly sharp

autofocus is very very quick

i have used it and the 2.8 version, and the f4 is sharper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

looking for this for wild life and landscape would it do as its 400 euro cheaper then the 2.8 but will still take a long ass time to save up for it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

There is a camera shop in the Square, Tallaght selling a second hand 70-200 2.8L (non IS) for 899 if thats any help to you. You might even be able to bargain a bit as it's been in the window for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

at the min pete im short 879 euros :)but thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

STSC - the f4 is sharper even when you close the 2.8 down to f4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

yea

ask fajitas, he tried both too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

there's a lot of say that f4 version is the sharpest one of the canon 70-200mm. can't vouch on the f2.8 as i only had the f4 but i'd say the f4 sharpness is probably almost on par with the popular prime 50mm f1.8.

this is at f4 with 100mm focal length. the f2.8 would produce a creamier background thou.

2723775242_341ec0b863.jpg

Ian of Flash Camera has the f4 non-IS brand new for 400-ish pound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have both (:)) and prefer the F4. The sharpness is simply the best and I also prefer the bokeh and colours. Just a fantastic lens. I only switch to the 2.8 when I know I'll actually need to use it at 2.8.
    sikahunter wrote: »
    hey looking on feed back on this lens the canon 70-200 f4 as the 70-200is is way out my pocket range has any one samples of the type of pix you can get with it thanks in advance simon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The Canon 70-200 F4 L is one of Canon's best value L lenses.

They can be picked up 2nd hand for about €400 and are well worth the money.

Sample image I took with this lens -

2433491541_aebbd35411.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I would agree too the f4 is superbly sharp, lighter too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mr l

Looking at purchasing one also but was wondering is it worth going the extra mile for the [IS] and more to the point is it worth the extra bucks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I went for the 2.8 with IS. Main reason was so it would be easier to shoot handheld with it and in lower light at gigs. It is heavy but I knew that when I bought it. At the time the money wasn't that much of a consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

yeah i have one about 18 months. nice lense. i wouldn't bother with the 2.8 because it is too heavy for what i'd want.
    3600298247_75ae660550_b.jpg

Advertisement