Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Cup

Options
  • 31-01-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

So what does everyone reckon?

I have a beast of a team but the gods are favouring me a little to even the playing field! oppositions top scoring centre (15 tries in league or something) is now injured, and their first choice OH is injured. they clearly LTNT both playoffs i reckon. so since i have 100% LTNT I'm hoping to at least have a close one.

oh and his locks are only 200cm... so playing both my 206 lads and rejigged team a little so hoping for some sort of contest!:D

Let the games begin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bunghoe

I got paired off against a DivII team he has players of 50K CSR->80K CSR
    Compared to mine 20KCSR->40K CSR I guess its TNT all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'm up against a season 1 team. not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Since when can Italians play rugby? I'm confused... because we all look like we're in for a hiding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Bad news is that I am up against a season 1 team as well (away from home too)

Good news is that looking at the match preview it seems they are playing normal or wnwim. Whichever left them only slightly ahead on most stats while I'm up on handling and kicking so I have a better than expected chance. Although still not a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

hmmm 12-0 after 15 minutes....not looking good...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

They've got the beating of me in every stat department... but some how it's 66 minutes gone and I'm holding them 17-17 with a penalty about to pop off from Anto "Sniper" O' Quinn! Pew pew pew!

Got the kick. 17-20 to us. Then they got a try. 22-20 ... but missed the conversion. Two minutes to go and my main chance of a win gets a knock. Sniper is down. A solid two minutes pass before he's deemed "A-OK... Magic Sponge!" Woo! This is exciting.

All kinda fizzled out at the end. 2 point victory for the guys... shame same won't be said for the 6 Nations. *sigh*

I really thought this would be the one lucky twist in an altogether ****ty end-of-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Got poo'd on

40 - 12

They were unreal better then me ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

34-12 .... I WON!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Losing 15-17 against my crowd with 25 mins to go. Seems pretty evenly matched considering they are 800 places better than me. Hopefully I can clinch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Am 24-0 up (which I can't believe) with 15 mins left to play. This guys squad is sooo much better then mine, can't wait til afterwards to see where the guys he's playing rank in his squad. I should have been on a hiding to nothing... was expecting to be about 40 points when I logged in 20 mins ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

im getting tossed around the park. 3-26 at the minute. im gonna remember this team and get revenge in a few seasons time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yeah got hammered. 40-0. he had the better of everything not surprisingly...I'm just glad I didnt get injuries.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

MMII beat the Italians 38-7, ok it was their second team but 8 of them have CSRs of 20k plus, 3 of them with a CSR of over 35k. Am a happy bunny... hope it's an omen for this weekend's match!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

lost 45-37...im gutted because i dominated but just didnt have the finishing power they had...f@@k it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Lost 15-24.

6n match on Saturday has now become a grudge match:mad:.

lost 10-31. just glad got a try on the scoreboard.

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Lost 15-24.

6n match on Saturday has now become a grudge match:mad:.

Now It's PERSONAL

its up on the italian cup website... we lost 23 - 39 and one draw :( least we shall kick ass in real life!

http://iri****alianchallange.webs.com/matchupsandresults.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

lost 60-0. The matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired :mad:

Did anybody get drawn against a comparable team?

Is it the case that the Italian teams are all better than us or what's goin' on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

45-7 Well and truely spanked. actually 4th defeat in 7 days:)

Roll on Next season.... and saturday;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

lost 60-0. The matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired :mad:

Beaten by the same score.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Did anybody get drawn against a comparable team?

Is it the case that the Italian teams are all better than us or what's goin' on here?

The problem was that more of the higher ranked Italian teams signed up than Irish did.It meant that after the first 10 or so (10 is a guess) match ups the next highest ranked Italian team was higher ranked/better than the corresponding Irish team. The result may have been different if every Irish and Italien team were involved.

Lost 27-14.

One of these days I'll win my community challenge match-up :rolleyes:

mar-z wrote: »
    The problem was that more of the higher ranked Italian teams signed up than Irish did.It meant that after the first 10 or so (10 is a guess) match ups the next highest ranked Italian team was higher ranked/better than the corresponding Irish team. The result may have been different if every Irish and Italien team were involved.

Was there a poor showing from the top Irish teams? That's not cool. I'd have expected some sort of outcry or something... though I don't frequent the off-site much, tis terribly boring and serious I find.

Was there a poor showing from the top Irish teams? That's not cool. I'd have expected some sort of outcry or something... though I don't frequent the off-site much, tis terribly boring and serious I find.

I concur re the offsite, only go there if I have a question which can't be answered here. don't think I have posted there other than the manager sign up thread...

eoferrall wrote: »
    I concur re the offsite, only go there if I have a question which can't be answered here. don't think I have posted there other than the manager sign up thread...

Yep, tis very serious a lot of the time, it seems the only ones who really post are those who have a player/players who have some chance of being internationals some day/now or people who have been/want to be manager at that level.

I think my post count is something like 2. My club are way off looking at international quality.

I think the 1st division teams all signed up but it was poorer showing from 2nd division and top 3rd division teams.

mar-z wrote: »
    I think the 1st division teams all signed up but it was poorer showing from 2nd division and top 3rd division teams.

we are the top 3rd division teams :eek:

• Advertisement

we are the top 3rd division teams :eek:

:o

Some here are, I'll need at least another season before I can claim that for myself ;)

Advertisement