Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Jobs In Software QA/Testing

Options
  • 01-02-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I would be grateful for any feedback on what the job market is like in Software QA/Testing in Auz at the moment. I have 5 years experience working in banking & medical device industries.

Also, which Cities would have the most IT opportunities?

I would be going over on a WHV. My job is in jeopardy at the moment so looking at my options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Not sure if this is related to you but my missus has had two contracts (working straight through) in utilities systems testing since July and will take her through until the end of June. Melbourne would be a good place to start investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Market seems to be ticking over nicely, there should be a few oppotunities around. WHV is not ideal but testers are always in demand so you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 anonymous08

Thank you for the feedback guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

ballooba wrote: »
    Market seems to be ticking over nicely, there should be a few oppotunities around. WHV is not ideal but testers are always in demand so you should be ok.

actually WHV are pretty good for this, as can have a quick turnaround
    I know in our place we sometimes only need testers for a month or two, so a WHV visa would have no problem with this.

Obviously longer term testing are different

if coming to sydney try this company
    http://www.avocadoconsulting.com.au/contact.aspx

The head guy is name is Terry has has employed several Irish testers on WHV before.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

Have they been known to sponsor any Irish people.

I'm working in testing here myself. My contract is up at the end of February, and my visa is up on the 26th March.

Had a couple of blows this morning, where I had been interviewed for a job in Sydney and here in Brisbane. Both were offereing sponsorship, but they both fell through. The one in Brisbane is now not hiring for a few months, and in Sydney the company's client got their own person from elsewhere. :(

Anyone know of any companies anywhere that are hiring with a view to sponsorship. Pref Brisbane, but Sydney and Melbourne would be good too. Failing that anywhere in Australia is better than going home to no work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rebel333

If your looking for work in QA/testing, PM and I'll give you some info on my company who are hiring! :)

Advertisement