Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chest Hair

• 01-02-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

What do you ladies think of guys with hairy chests?

Just wondering, cause I am considering a bit of a trim. Basically, I've got a pretty hairy chest, but there's a strip which continues right up my neck, and sticks out above my collar. The problem is, when I start trimming, where do I stop?

Should I shave it all off or does the little bit of visible hair fill you with excitement at the prospect of the rest of the rug below it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

You're probably going to get answers ranging the spectrum here. It's like any preference, really, some women love it, some women don't.
    Blisterman wrote: »
    Should I shave it all off or does the little bit of visible hair fill you with excitement at the prospect of the rest of the rug below it?

Does it fill me with excitement, no. Add a medallion . . . well . . . that's just an awful stereotype, isn't it? But don't shave it all off!!!!! (That'd just look weird.)

Personally, I used to dislike hairy chests. Now I think the man is much more important than his hair pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Hrmm. I would be against trimming it; because as you say - where do you stop?! But then I love hairy guys.

*If* you decide to go for it, seriously consider getting it done professionally to avoid looking like an unevenly plucked chicken :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

I'm not big on hairy chests, but it wouldn't really bother me. However, hairy backs are another thing altogether, and would make me run far away, very quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I love a lady with a hairy chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

If you've got a hairy chest ... embrace it! Its part of who you are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I used to hate when a guy had a hairy chest until i went out with someone who was completely covered and changed my mind all together,i dont think you should trim it its part of who you are!if someone likes you theyl just accept it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hairy and proud ..... and waxing hurts even when its to raise money!

20122008682.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭MsHolloway

Personally I like men with hairy chests, to me I find it sexy and masculine to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

does the little bit of visible hair fill you with excitement at the prospect of the rest of the rug below it?

Errrrrrrrm...:confused: actually, no, it doesn't. OTOH I don't mind it either. Now a hairy back and/or ass would be a turn off for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Stella777 wrote: »
    Errrrrrrrm...:confused: actually, no, it doesn't. OTOH I don't mind it either. Now a hairy back and/or ass would be a turn off for me.

I have never met a man who didn't have a hairy bum... :confused: men are supposed to come with hair on, if you ask me!

EDIT: Ok, I'm sure I've *met* some and not known whether their bums are hairy or not. But I've never *been* with a guy with a non-hairy bum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Let me see: guy who has chest hair versus guy who gets waxing done... I'll take number 1 please. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hahahahaha ^

i would have said for years that i prefer hairless, or very little hair on the chest. however, one guy did manage to change my mind on that, in that he is quite a hairy chested/backed guy, but it was actually very soft and cuddly, and tbh, i would be a lot more open minded to the concept of hairy guys now. y'no... if i was single n all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭SubrbanOblivion

I don't generally have a preference as far as chest hair goes, but my man has more chest hair than I am used to and I love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

Not a fan of the ould hairy chest as a rule, depends on what else he's got goin on, sense of humour, personality, etc. Although he'd have to be fairly awsome for me to get over a proper hairy back (god I'm so shallow :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I love a man with a hairy chest but not a rug that ill get tangled up in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ginger Nut

Love a man with a hairy chest - do not even think about shave/wax - very sissy thing to do. My man is so hairy you would think his mam knit him (thats if she can knit) and he's top of the lot - sexy and cool!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I prefer non-hairy chests myself. Or at least I think I do. Never been with a guy with a hairy chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ginger Nut

Jane29 wrote: »
    I prefer non-hairy chests myself. Or at least I think I do. Never been with a guy with a hairy chest.

You dont know what your missing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

What do you ladies think of guys with hairy chests?

Just wondering, cause I am considering a bit of a trim. Basically, I've got a pretty hairy chest, but there's a strip which continues right up my neck, and sticks out above my collar. The problem is, when I start trimming, where do I stop?

Love it! My fiance's chest hair has the "peep over collar" chest hair and I think it's gorgeous. Nothing like a lovely warm hairy chest to snuggle into :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

shellyboo wrote: »
    I have never met a man who didn't have a hairy bum... :confused: men are supposed to come with hair on, if you ask me!

EDIT: Ok, I'm sure I've *met* some and not known whether their bums are hairy or not. But I've never *been* with a guy with a non-hairy bum.
    You don't check all the guys you meet? ;)

I'm sure most guys have some fuzz on their bums if you look close enough...When I said hairy, I meant seriously hairy. If a man looks like Chewbacca from behind then I do think some manscaping might be in order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

hairy or not, dont mind just no man boobs!! yuck:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

legatti wrote: »
    hairy or not, dont mind just no man boobs!! yuck:p

Oh my god UGH:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

This thread is funny.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I used to like a totally barechested look, but now I think it's a very boyish look - not manly at all. Now I like a bit of chest hair, but not too much. Who knows, give me a few more years and I'll be all for the Chewbacca look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Really doesn't make any odds to me!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

It kind of annoys me when women exclaim that they'd run a mile at the sight of a hairy chest/back/butt on a guy when a)it's the definition of masculinity and not something guys should be ashamed of and b)we all have hair in places we don't want it and I think it's bloody tiresome trying to remove it all the time... why foist that on guys as well?

To the OP - I'd leave well enough alone, I'm sure you'll come upon some lucky lady who will love it. There's nothing I love more than cuddling into a hairy chest. Be happy with what you have - there are lots of men who would kill for such a potent display of being all man!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gknit

I've never really cared one way or the other but I'd definitely be way more turned off by a guy waxing/shaving his chest than if he was just hairy. My bf is very hairy and I don't mind in the least, in fact I quite like it since it's just part of him. It's very cold these days, If I were you I'd hold onto your chest rug at least until summer anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Gknit wrote: »
    It's very cold these days, I'd hold onto your chest rug at least until summer anyway ;)

Hahahaha, gotta love a woman with a plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

op if you wanna just lessen the hair then just trim it. like actually just skim the top of it off, it'll look so much tidier! personally, i don't mind hair, but not the type of hair that is so thick you cant see flesh through it. just my 2 cents :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

aesthetically, i'm of the less is more persuasion.
    but reallly, i like guys to just be comfortable with whatever he has.
    natural is sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Brings Russell Brand to mind... seriously dude get a grip of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I lightly trim mine as i get random longer bits,especially right in the middle, it looks wierd, it feels nice when I'm cuddling the missus and she can rub it through my shirt, shaved it all off once just to see what it looked like, never again, if its a proper rug then nothing wrong with a bit of maintenance, but leave it hairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

pookie82 wrote: »
    It kind of annoys me when women exclaim that they'd run a mile at the sight of a hairy chest/back/butt on a guy when a)it's the definition of masculinity and not something guys should be ashamed of and b)we all have hair in places we don't want it and I think it's bloody tiresome trying to remove it all the time... why foist that on guys as well?

That reminds me of an advert I was watching yesterday for some new natural deodrant showing this women hopping over rivers on pebbles and walking on grass barefoot. It struck me how completely unnatural she was as her armpit had no hair on it and her legs where waxed to within an inch of her life!

I've never dated a man with a hairy chest,but I dont think id be bothered by it as I love scruffy men with beards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

To be honest, I would prefer a hairy-ish man rather than a man who waxes. No offence to the male waxers, just not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pinkpigs

I love chest hair, love it, love it. I like it when men manscape. but back hair is a no no..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

My OH has a hairy chest, it's so goddamn sexy! IF he ever expressed a desire to shave/wax I'd put my foot down and become a demanding little princess ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I don't like hairy chests. I'm thinking of one male I know here. He gets his hair hilited, uses moisturiser...i.e he's well familiar with grooming and I cannot understand why he doesn't wax or trim chest hair. The hairy chest doesn't match the hi-lited hair. Looks all wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Dim

I would be put off by a man who waxes. I like a hairy chest. If he is naturally not hairy thats not too bad, but waxing ..noooo!!!! I'd prefare abit of hair though, more masculine.

Advertisement