Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Golf Ipod Adaptor

• 01-02-2010 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

I have an 08 Golf and was wondering if anyone knows where I could get an Ipod adaptor fitted around Dublin and how much would it cost. I've tried loads of different FM Transmitters and none of them work properly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

brian076 wrote: »
    I have an 08 Golf and was wondering if anyone knows where I could get an Ipod adaptor fitted around Dublin and how much would it cost. I've tried loads of different FM Transmitters and none of them work properly.

I use these guys in work. Had the Denison I-Pod link fitted to an 09 Passat last year and the driver was delighted with it. Shows up like a CD Changer.

http://www.jdmproducts.com/index.php?cpage=product/browse_detail.php&area=shop&category_id=202&manufacturer_id=7&product_id=IX@TVFDLME&return_link=%2Findex.php%3Fcpage%3Dmy_car%2Fmy_car.php%26area%3Dmy_car%26my_car_show%3D3%26my_car_id%3D%26car_model_id%3D502%26car_make_id%3D58

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Very simple to fit if you source yourself, I fit my own myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

R.O.R wrote: »

Thanks for that, where are these guys located?
    Bluetonic wrote: »
    Very simple to fit if you source yourself, I fit my own myself.

Not sure I'd want to tackle something like this, I'd probably mke a mess of it. Looking at the link in the other post, there's very little extra cost involved in having it fitted, only about €1.20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

They vary in price, they can be got for less than the fitted price.

Here's a similar guide anyhow incase you change your mind. I enjoyed having a go at it anyhow and seeing in behind the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

brian076 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, where are these guys located?

Based in Bray, not too far off the M11. Handy enough if you are in South Dublin.

They do travel to fit, but not sure if that cost would include fitting at their place only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

If you are able to pull out the car radio yourself then THIS is perfect and a cheap hardwired solution to your problem

Victor_M wrote: »
    If you are able to pull out the car radio yourself then THIS is perfect and a cheap hardwired solution to your problem

That looks very interesting, how easy/hard is it to remove the radio, would I need to get special keys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Slight thread hijack:
    Where can you get the MDI Multimedia cable for newer model VAG cars with the MDI Multimedia socket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 thxireland

hey i had and ipod stereo in three of my cars fitted them myself very easy to do and by fittings new stereo it allows you to put extras in i.e subs external amplifiers and bluetooth and a lot more depending on what you want in two of them i had the alpine ipod stereo and it was cool navigated like a ipod so made it easy for using and them had a kenwood with usb connection which was handy for connecting even flash drive which music on them and it would play on the stereo

as for the mdi cable if you don't want to go vw themselves then possibly halfords may be able to order one for i know it seems like halfords would but there one of the biggest car accessory suppliers in ireland (maybe they can help )

Just thought I'd let you know that i got an ipod adaptor fitted, I went to MDS Ireland, they're situated between Palmerstown and Ballyfermot and they did the job for €110.
    The unit connects to the sterio and a lead then connects to the ipod. It actually goes into the headphone jack so it can be used on any mp3. Once the ipod is in play mode it mutes the radio and the sound is excellent.
    Very happy with the result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement