Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE International Player

Options
  • 01-02-2010 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

RTE have in the last couple of weeks opened up the RTE Player to anybody worldwide. They don't offer all of the content worldwide but do offer the Late Late Show and some other news and current affairs type shows.

I'm just wondering about peoples experiences with it so far.

I am on a broadband plan with good speeds here in NZ but still can't get streams to play without stopping and starting. RTE stream at 512k, and even though my line tests at 3Mbps to Dublin it still won't play properly.

Anybody else had any luck with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I think with the distance you have to bear in mind network traffic between Oz and Ireland at any given time of day.

I'm on a 6meg connection in south Australia, which has also been choppy at times, and my (and for most people i'd guess) connection to Dublin goes to Sydney > California > Germany and/or France > Dublin. So late evening time would probably be best viewing time on the RTE iPlayer down under. That's just my guess, I haven't scientifically tested that! :P maybe someone else can actually figure out the best time most of the americans are asleep :pac:

as for all the content, you can try using a proxy of some kind to make it look like you're in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

its got Winnin streak :D:D:D

and W00t
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1065133
    Nationwide :D:D:D:D:D:D

:(:(:(:(:(
    theres no 'Ear to the Ground'

whats on instead of it??????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

:(:(:(:(:(
    theres no 'Ear to the Ground'

whats on instead of it??????

In the current economic climate it's "Revolver to the Ear" instead. :eek:

CabanSail wrote: »
    In the current economic climate it's "Revolver to the Ear" instead. :eek:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Fuppin Cunny Funt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i just want to know if i can watch the all irelands in september.

Advertisement