Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring is here at last!

• 01-02-2010 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

New growth in nature, lambs, warmer weather, Easter, brighter days! Ah it is all happening now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

well hasn't happened here yet but am looking forward to it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Oh noes, that means it's Autumn for me! :eek:

Actually no, February here is the equivalen to August at home and is usually the nicest month weather-wise. I'm going to condsider it still summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

New growth in nature, lambs, warmer weather, Easter, brighter days! Ah it is all happening now!

don't forget the snowdrops and daffodils!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

spring_flowers.jpg?w=489&h=312

I need this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The spring has sprung,
    The grass has ris,
    I wonder where the flowerz is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Getting into debates today with alot of people, who seem to have forgotten that we Irish celebrate spring on Feb 1st. Grr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its fupping winter! :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's spring! Spring, spring, spring! :D
    (It may be cold, but it's usually cold in July too and that stil counts as the 'summer'.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Mike65, that's not very sunshiney of you!

Today was a beautiful first day of Spring. The sun was out, the sky was blue, then it slightly clouded over and huge snowflakes fell, then the sun came back out again. It's freezing, but pretty.

Also, Spring means it's my birthday soon! Yayy!

Ah, I like spring birthdays, it's a good time to be born!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I haven't seen any snowdrops yet - maybe I'm not looking hard enough - but we've had a lovely sunny day and the days are getting longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Deki wrote: »
    spring_flowers.jpg?w=489&h=312

I need this

That made me feel warm inside. Did not realise how much I was looking forward to long evenings and the flowers being around again until I saw that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

mike65 wrote: »
    Its fupping winter! :mad:

mr-grumpy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 grezz

theres a grand aul stretch in the evenings:)

I know- the longer evenings just perk me up no end. I don't care about it being cold, just long bright crisp spring days- seeing the daffodils start to bloom, I just feel uplifted.
    Incidentally on the few occasions that I make new year resolutions I make them Feb 1st. it's a good time to be starting anew, so to speak. :)

February 1st is the feast of St Brigid. It's also the pagan feast of Imbolc. They celebrate by lighting fires and candles, to show that the days are getting brighter and warmer. Christians do likewise at Candlemass. That,s two ways to welcome the new spring.

Today is March 1st, St David's day, and we have sunshine the whole day long in Ireland and Britain with temperatures up to 10 degrees! Spring really is here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Absolutely gorgeous day today! feeling summery already, first time in months which i havent had to wear a jacket out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

What a b-e-a-utiful day. I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Sat in the sun in college as did everyone else. And everybody was warm and glowing with heat and happiness. If it was always sunny, we would never be sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

worked out doors today...no jacket on for a while....roll on the long lazy summer days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It's so funny, I'm neer satsified. Last week was really hot here. It was 24C for about 4 days in a row (miracle for Wellington!). I long for it to be winter now. I'm sick of summer.

I always want it to be the opposite season. It's terrible, I'm wishing my life away!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Hurray for Spring! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Not a huge fan of Daffodils but I do like Cherry Blossoms.

A Peowm:
    I wandered lonely as a cloud
    That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
    When all at once I saw a crowd,
    A host, of golden daffodils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
    Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
    And twinkle on the milky way,
    They stretched in never-ending line
    Along the margin of a bay:
    Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
    Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced, but they
    Out-did the sparkling leaves in glee;
    A poet could not be but gay,
    In such a jocund company!
    I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
    What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
    In vacant or in pensive mood,
    They flash upon that inward eye
    Which is the bliss of solitude;
    And then my heart with pleasure fills,
    And dances with the daffodils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I found myself saying "there is a great stretch in the evenings" and stopped half way through mortified with myself! :):)
    But there is and its soooooooo exciting!!!
    I love it!

Sun is shining and there is a crispness in the air! Life is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What a lovely clear, bright morning. I can't wait for the longer evenings.

Well, in a few weeks the clocks go forward, which means we all have to get up an hour earlier. At least it gives us the feeling that the days are longer!

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Well, in a few weeks the clocks go forward, which means we all have to get up an hour earlier. At least it gives us the feeling that the days are longer!

You.....dream-killer.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

A cluster of Krokusus ( Krokii ?) and snowdrops appeared on my lawn today . They usually visit me around Feb , but better late than never ....

Couple of weeks the Dafs will be up closely followed by the Tulips....

I'm turning my thermostat down , feeling warmer already :D

• Advertisement

Yesterday evening, I was driving down the hill (past the Papal Monument) towards the Islandbridge Gate in Phoenix Park. It was such a Spring view over Islandbridsge. It was still bright (cause for celebration in itself) and the sky had that lovely lambent look like you get when the evening is fading in summer. I love this time of year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

Yesterday was the 1st time I saw lambs this spring...and today I saw 3 little calves in the field! Really made me smile! Why is tit that you feel good when you see lambs frolicking etc etc? some kind of happy/new life instinct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FoxInATreehouse

I can finally see green grass through the snow and a river has begun to form in my backyard! Hopefully this means lightning and thunder storms are just around the corner. I love watching them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

It was spring on Sunday :) Wheres it gone??:eek:

Okay, it was pretty cold and miserable last week, but I've a feeling that was winter's last gasp. Today we've got a lovely spring day and the cherry and apple blossoms are now in full bloom, not to mention the daffodils and crocuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Was so happy with the good weather we were having until some smelly butterfly flew in the window of my car and scared the crap out of me :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Kiera wrote: »
    Was so happy with the good weather we were having until some smelly butterfly flew in the window of my car and scared the crap out of me :o

Get those fear feelings out of here!

/narrows eyes

And keep them out. Apologies for that everybody. Where were we; oh yeah, we have had 4 BBQs in the last 8 days! Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Get those fear feelings out of here!

/narrows eyes

And keep them out. Apologies for that everybody. Where were we; oh yeah, we have had 4 BBQs in the last 8 days! Love it!
    I know I know, I'm sorry. I usually love butterflys but that one scared the bejasus out of me.

Anyway, back to this wonderful weather we're having today :D

Advertisement