Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post count

Options
  • 01-02-2010 6:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Just made my first couple of posts and realised my ount is stuck at 0 for some reason???

edit- looks to be working now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi there, some fora on boards have 'post count switched off'. This means that if you post on one of these fora, your post count won't increase. There could be a few reasons for this, mainly it is to curb spam as some fora are free for users to chat freely. Post count can be seen by some as achievements to reach, and we'd prefer not to promote multiple posts, but relevant content, to keep a good signal:noise ratio.

The Cuckoos Nest and Puzzles & Quizzes fora are just two fora that have their post count switched off. There are a small number more that share this setting.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Gordon wrote: »
    Hi there, some fora on boards have 'post count switched off'. This means that if you post on one of these fora, your post count won't increase. There could be a few reasons for this, mainly it is to curb spam as some fora are free for users to chat freely. Post count can be seen by some as achievements to reach, and we'd prefer not to promote multiple posts, but relevant content, to keep a good signal:noise ratio.

The Cuckoos Nest and Puzzles & Quizzes fora are just two fora that have their post count switched off. There are a small number more that share this setting.

Hope that helps.

I dont think you could have explained it any better, thanks a million.

Advertisement