Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phones at particular time of year

• 01-02-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

I am looking at all the Android phones (Nexus, Hero, Milestone etc) with a view to changing from E71.

What I want to know is:

Is there a particular time of year that SP's add new phones?

Is it worth waiting a month or two to see what comes out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Its generally not worth waiting "another 2 months" because something better will always be announced as coming soon.

For example, apple just announced the new ipad, but there's sure to be a new iphone released during the summer. So should you buy a iphone 3GS now, buy the ipad in 60 days, or wait until july and get iphone 4?

My best bet is to find a spec and budget that you want, and find a phone that fits it now.
    The future will always be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Its generally not worth waiting "another 2 months" because something better will always be announced as coming soon.

For example, apple just announced the new ipad, but there's sure to be a new iphone released during the summer. So should you buy a iphone 3GS now, buy the ipad in 60 days, or wait until july and get iphone 4?

My best bet is to find a spec and budget that you want, and find a phone that fits it now.
    The future will always be better

Good advice to be sure. Having said that HTC are launching 3 or 4 new handsets in the coming months :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

htc have at least 8 new phones this year - 5 android and 3 winmo :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

MWC 2010 (Mobile World Congress) is being held between 15-18 February, so expect a lot of announcements by handset manufacturers during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

MiCr0 wrote: »
    htc have at least 8 new phones this year - 5 android and 3 winmo :-)
    Any word on carriers?

I expect O2 will not and if they do they will price them quite high due to their high bias towards the iPhone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement