Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilates or Aerobics Classes

• 01-02-2010 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hiya

I have googled the interweb but couldn't find much information.

Does anyone know of somewhere that holds Pilates or Aerobics classes on a weekly basis (preferably a Monday) in Waterford?

Also any ones I have seen advertised online seem to be costing 14 quid a class or signing up for multiple classes so you get 4 for 50 quid. This is really expensive or is it?

Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Hiya

I have googled the interweb but couldn't find much information.

Does anyone know of somewhere that holds Pilates or Aerobics classes on a weekly basis (preferably a Monday) in Waterford?

Also any ones I have seen advertised online seem to be costing 14 quid a class or signing up for multiple classes so you get 4 for 50 quid. This is really expensive or is it?

Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

energie gym up in cleaboy bussiness pk my fiance does pilates up their , says they very good other classes too i think .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭lynnemc

14 euro is quite expensive for any classes with the way our economy is at the moment.
    I teach a ladies only boxing class every Thurs night in st Pauls b.c. and only charge 5 euro per class. The class is about an hour and 15 mins. I know its not what your looking for and the wrong day but if you do ever want a change from aerobics, give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

There's a brilliant aerobics class in Kilcohan (in Rockett's Karate academy down past Azzurri), Mondays and Thursdays 7 to 8. It's 7 euro, pay as you go. Consists of cardio and toning and sometimes exercise ball depending on numbers. It's good craic too, you can work at your own pace and not the kind of place where you feel you have to keep up with everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Try www.enerqi.ie. Newly opened opp. Peoples Park. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

is that the actual cafe that was in the park, or am i mixed up reading the map on there site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ringocoakers

lynnemc wrote: »
    14 euro is quite expensive for any classes with the way our economy is at the moment.
    I teach a ladies only boxing class every Thurs night in st Pauls b.c. and only charge 5 euro per class. The class is about an hour and 15 mins. I know its not what your looking for and the wrong day but if you do ever want a change from aerobics, give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ringocoakers

what time is boxing class on Thurs night? Is St.Pauls B.C in Ballybeg or above Tescos Lisduggan?

The boxing classes start at 6.30pm till about 7.45pm and are 5 euro. St Pauls boxing club is the one by Tesco, in the manor of St John complex there.
    You don't need anything except water, we supply gloves for bag work and stuff.
    Oh and don't worry, its a non contact class !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hello,

Does anyone know if a Pilates class in Naas? I've seen ones in the Physiotherapy Clinic in Millenium Park but just wondering if there are any others. I'd be looking for an evening class from 8 onwards.

Thanks,

L

Hey Loopie, try the Kildare section! I'd say that would be your best bet !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 caddenn

lynnemc wrote: »

This might seem like a silly question but do you need any kind of a qualification to teach an exercise class. It's just something I'm thinking of doing.

yes cadden you do need a qualification to start an exercise class. For aerobics, step and other exercise classes you need an NCEF and insurance for teaching the class.
    I have been teaching kickboxing classes over the years. Foe that I have my black belt degrees and courses and insurance
    What were you thinking of starting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 caddenn

Thanks lynnemc. I'm not really sure. I'm about to qualify as a physiotherapist and since there are no physio jobs at the moment, I was looking for an alternative. I was thinking aerobics, step aerobics, circuits, that kinda thing. How long is the NCEF course could you tell me?

here you go
    http://www.ncefinfo.com/
    you'll find all the info you need here. it is expensive to do the course. best of luck !

Advertisement