Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Have lost my number

• 01-02-2010 11:55am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ported from 3 to Metoer on Saturday. Meteor have no record of my porting and my orginal number appears to be deactivated.

What the **** like?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Rang meteor again and they are blaming 3 for taking their time to port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

did you sort this out yet then? which network currently has your number? did you put your meteor sim into the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

When I switched from 3 to O2 a couple of years ago they took bloody ages to port the number as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

had the same problem porting from vodafone - meteor blamed their own IT dept. Got compensated 50 euro but was without a phone for a week. not happy days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

godtabh wrote: »
    Ported from 3 to Metoer on Saturday. Meteor have no record of my porting and my orginal number appears to be deactivated.

What the **** like?

are you in Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Service providers can delay or even prevent the porting of numbers if there is any outstanding balance owed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Still on going. I have a meteor sim that came with the phone in the phone but its an 085 number

I have a direct debit set up with 3 so there shouldnt be an issue about money. THey havent sent a closing balance yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

If there is no outstanding balance, I am pretty sure you can get your three number reactivated on a 3pay sim and then port. Happened to me before. You need to do this pronto though as they only allow this for a couple of days or so I was told before anyhow.

Advertisement