Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest ph option suitable for the following

• 01-02-2010 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

im looking for the cheapest prepaid mobile phone option that is suitable for the following

web browsing
    checking email
    booking flights
    banking

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How much usage are you going to be doing of these?

Reason i ask is because the 99cent a day on any day you use it might suit you, rather than going with a data plan, and 3 main networks offer the 99cent a day option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

just need it for when im out and about without a netbook/laptop and need good cheap internet access.

i dont want a ph that is cheap but makes banking or booking flights on it difficult. need to be able to log in and enter credit card details without any hassle

So its more a handset your looking for, rather then whats the best network suited?

sorry i just reread my op and seen that its misleading.

yes im looking for the cheapest handset that will do the job

i think all the networks offer the 99cent option now but not certain.

thanks for reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The nokia 5800 is a good phone for web browsing and the likes since it has a large screen. They're cheap enough these days too.

• Advertisement

Something with a decent screen size is probably the best thing for you, but its not going to be that cheap.

Something like n97/n97mini size, iphone, or even 5800 size.

You could pick up a decent second hand model on adverts.ie would have save you some money, and would still have some remaining warranty of the 24 month warranty.

i was thinking it wouldnt be so cheap.

there are a lot of cheap handsets in the stores that are advertised as having web browsing but im not so sure you can do a whole lot on them besides scroll up and down a handful of useless sites.

am i stuck with the smartphone option and their price range?

wheres best for the 5800 btw

does anyone think this could be suitable. its browser is wap but it has some nice features

three.ie -Nokia 2730

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

You could get a better phone second hand for 69 euro TBH. Try a TyTnII over on adverts they'd go for that price.

Advertisement