Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Car Radio. Need Rear Aux Input

• 01-02-2010 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

Looking at getting rid of the OEM single DIN radio in my MK4 golf, its the gamma one with a tape deck and no CD changer. Won't necessarily be replacing the speakers, as the OEM ones are grand for me.

Had a basic Sony head unit in my old SEAT that played MP3 CD's and had a front 3.5mm aux input, and it was great, but would have preferred the aux to be at the back of the radio, and routing the aux wire to the glove box to plug in my MP3 player (not an Ipod!!).

I want to consider this for the new radio, so does anyone have any suggestions of a model with a rear AUX in? Preferably not too dear, round the €120 mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 thxireland

well too be honest the best way to do it these day is to get one with a usb on the back that way you can plug anything in i.e flashdrive ipod mp3 player and it will charge it for you

i would suggest the Ripspeed DVD733B DVD/CD/MP3 Player retails about €150

or the Ripspeed DVD732B Single DIN 3" In-Dash DVD, MP3 CD Tuner retails about €115

need any help just give me a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

I was thinking of going down the USB route too. Have a 2.5" portable 160GB HDD that I dont use, so this could just sit in the glovebox, with a longish USB cable going to the radio.

Whats the quality of the ripspeed gear, as in sound and the build of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I fitted a HDD to my old car, it wasn't designed to be used in a car, and the constant powering on and off wrecked it in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 thxireland

the ripspeed are good for the price and do allow extra amps and subs

also have av ports for extra tv's in the car and have a small screen on the front

but as for hdd that won't work because it's a spinning source inside it the vibrations of the car will either break the internals or i've seen them blow up so your better to use a flashdrive plus the stereos have a limit or being able to read only 1600 tracks

if you want to go the hdd route the two ways are
    1:get a solid state hdd
    2: get a mac mini or similar replace the hdd with solid state and you need a small monitor
    then attach an inverter to the car battery with a compasater
    and run the audio through your stereo

(did this once a lot of effort)

best idea just get the stereo and use flashdrive you can get 64GB flashdrives now plus they allow for ipod and others aswell if you go for different ones

Advertisement