Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steven Tyler Could Sue Aerosmith

Options
  • 01-02-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I missed their concert in Marlay Park, kinda wish I hadn't now, because it looks like Aerosmith may finally crumble...I think they're in real trouble

Steven Tyler has issued (through his lawyer) a call for a meeting between Aerosmith's "shareholder's" on Feb 9th to discuss a new album and a 2010 European and South American tour

He has also said that he wants the band to stop trying to replace him, since it was reported a few days ago, that Joe Perry had approached Paul Rodgers to consider being Aerosmith's new vocalist

"Steven Tyler does not want lawsuits," said his lawyer Skip Miller. "We do not want to go in that direction. The direction we want is Aerosmith, with Steven Tyler, touring in Europe, touring Latin America, releasing a new album...This is the direction it's all intended to go. It's just amazing to me current management would be taking any other position."

Aerosmith's management declined comment. Miller says he has not yet received a response from Kaufman or any of Aerosmith's other representatives. As for what the next step will be if Aerosmith continues with its search for a new singer, Miller said "we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it. I hope we don't. I don't think we will."

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/exclusive-steven-tyler-could-sue-to-stop-1004063861.story

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

No Tyler = No Aerosmith imo. This is turning into a right soap opera now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hate to be-little the rest of the band, but they would not be who they are without him.

But then again, everyone said that about Journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He is being a twat about this. He seems to forget that he went public last year saying he was going to take a year or two off and do some solo stuff, before he had his "medical" issues.

Then when the band said they wanted to finish the new material and release an album in 2010, he came out with not wanting to do anything for a similar time period and insisted that the band did nothing either.

As much as I think his voice is perfect for their older stuff, I would love to see them get a new singer in and release and album with the new singer as a "f*ck you" to Tyler.

Tyler seems to want to do nothing new with the band, but he wants the band to sit on their arses at the same time.

Pretty sure that it is Kramer who named the band anyway and that it is still legally in his name.

Even if not, they should just release and album under another name and let Tyler stew in his own juices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just read a piece on classic rock that says Tyler met with the rest of Led Zeppelin in London when they were thinking of going on without Plant. Tyler assumed that nobody in Aerosmith knew of this. Perry is quoted in the article. If this is true it throws a different light on the affair to me and shows how bad the relationship was between Tyler and the rest of the band.

Tyler is going a bit loopy methinks,maybe the knock on the head after he fell off stage?!

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/26/aerosmiths-steven-tyler-serenades-california-home-depot/

• Advertisement

Sammy Hagar was mentioned as a possible singer in the last few days but his side denied this and said he is working on a follow up album for Chickenfoot. Joe Perry also said that they will recruit a new singer for a tour this summer and that Tyler should be able to then rejoin the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Classic Rock has an exclusive interview with Perry about the whole thing and it states that he won't be firing Tyler...but I don't know what the rest of it says as I'm too cheap to buy it lol!

It's a sad day when they refer to each other as 'shareholders' instead of band mates.:(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

rednik wrote: »
    Just read a piece on classic rock that says Tyler met with the rest of Led Zeppelin in London when they were thinking of going on without Plant. Tyler assumed that nobody in Aerosmith knew of this. Perry is quoted in the article. If this is true it throws a different light on the affair to me and shows how bad the relationship was between Tyler and the rest of the band.
    whut

Classic rock are now reporting Aerosmith have been booked for this year's Download as long as Steven Tyler is still the lead singer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

rednik wrote: »
    Classic rock are now reporting Aerosmith have been booked for this year's Download as long as Steven Tyler is still the lead singer.

Download have just announced it, makes me laugh, to see if they can pull it off...would be a massive embarrassment if Aerosmith cancel

For some reason I always taught that Aerosmith only had two original "members" from its 70s era, but I'm glad to see I was wrong, and they have every member of the band who was there in 1971

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Steven Tyler wouldnt have a hope of sueing them. He might have powerful lawyers and money but sueing wont happen.
    The only way he has a hope of winning a case is that if the entire band signed an agreement that they would not replace Tyler if he leaves.
    Not a fan of Aerosmith anyway but each to their own, but it seems to me that its just a case of Steven Tyler being up himself. Many bands have went on to have great success after replacing their vocalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

lord lucan wrote: »
    Tyler is going a bit loopy methinks,maybe the knock on the head after he fell off stage?!

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/26/aerosmiths-steven-tyler-serenades-california-home-depot/

wharra rawkstar shmuck. serves him right doing that Jacko impression like a giddy kid.. still mortified i reckon, bet he'd sue everyone in attendance on the night if he could. thinks he can call time on the group's career? fundamental as frontmen tend to be, the group's not called Tyler..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Mushy wrote: »

well, that clears that up. new hip / new tour!

EDIT: it clears NOTHING up. what a control freak!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gazzcois

ya just looked at the aeroforce1 page and there playing the o2 arena in london on the 15th of june does anyone know if i can get tickets after the 5th of march on ticketmaster.ie or where do i get tickets to a uk gig sorry never went to a gig in a different country cheers........

Could try ticketmaster.co.uk either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭lanyonwhites

No Tyler = No Aerosmith:mad:

No Tyler = No Aerosmith:mad:

Did you watch the video I posted?

It wouldn't be a shock if MTV were at this very minute pitching a new reality tv show at them. Called "Dream On",it follows the adventures of an iconic Rock N' Roll band at war with each other as they hit the road in the summer of 2010.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

reminds me of vanhalen..... Which ego is bigger.... I would be sad to see them break up... I thought they were brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 syrupy

Man, he does NOT look good...

Advertisement