Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Controller Charging Problems

• 01-02-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone has the same problem as me and any ideas as to how go about fixing it would be appreciated.

I have a couple wireless controllers and say when I go to charge the dead one the red light stays on whilst charging and goes green then (assuming this means its charged..) But when I disconnect the USB cable from the connection port and the charged controller from the same wire and attempt to fire it up - nothing happens?

I can use this controller whilst it is connceted up to the 360 via the charging/USB wire but getting it to function ( or even turn it on! ) as a wireless contoller is problematic.

All lights and fearures work fine when it is connected by wire.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I have the same problem. No idea how to fix it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 thxireland

i know this seems silly but i have seen this problem loads of time and usually it is that the battery pack is dead and won't hold the charge since there only 15-20 euro it might not be worth trying to fix it but if you need to fix it you have to go out and buy a 1.2-1.5v (2100mAh or higher) rechargable battery then gently pull the back off the batterypack it's glued so would take a little force then you need to detach the circuit board leaving the two wires attached to the board then solder in the new battery and then reglue the case back together making sure the spring and button on top are in place

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭JacksDad

thxireland wrote: »
    i know this seems silly but i have seen this problem loads of time and usually it is that the battery pack is dead and won't hold the charge since there only 15-20 euro it might not be worth trying to fix it but if you need to fix it you have to go out and buy a 1.2-1.5v (2100mAh or higher) rechargable battery then gently pull the back off the batterypack it's glued so would take a little force then you need to detach the circuit board leaving the two wires attached to the board then solder in the new battery and then reglue the case back together making sure the spring and button on top are in place

Thanks thxireland - but with all due respect my MacGyver days are long behind me.;)

Would love to have the patience to do this but I'd have a snowballs chance in hell of getting it right!

Happened to me before and my head was wrecked. Asked advice on here and the solution worked, so here it is.....

When you plug it in and the red light shows up, watch it til it goes green, then unplug it, and plug it back in again. Wait for it to go from red to green again, then unplug it again, and plug it back in again. Do this about 8 -12 times and it should finally stay red for more than a few seconds, and will charge properly.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055583611&highlight=battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I have the same problem myself....its just the battery thats dead. The lifespan on them is alright for about 12 quid... I got about 2 years out of mine. Even when mine sticks on red, it dies straight away.

• Advertisement

Happened to me before and my head was wrecked. Asked advice on here and the solution worked, so here it is.....

When you plug it in and the red light shows up, watch it til it goes green, then unplug it, and plug it back in again. Wait for it to go from red to green again, then unplug it again, and plug it back in again. Do this about 8 -12 times and it should finally stay red for more than a few seconds, and will charge properly.

Thanks $hifty - will give it a try. So after I do this, it should work as a wireless controller again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 thxireland

well i'm just one of those people who can't help but find out how things work and a few friends had that problem

and thats how we fixed it

thxireland wrote: »
    well i'm just one of those people who can't help but find out how things work and a few friends had that problem

and thats how we fixed it

I admire your methods my friend. Its just that the words 'solder' and 'wires' dont go in the same sentence when it comes to me fixing anything! :D

Gonna give the plugin - plugout (x 12) method a go.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I have the same problem myself....its just the battery thats dead. The lifespan on them is alright for about 12 quid... I got about 2 years out of mine. Even when mine sticks on red, it dies straight away.

Thanks Rooney10... if all else fails I'll invest in a new batt pack.

You can get a battery pack here for ~€3.21.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27897

And yes the site is safe I have bought from the many times, incl that battery and it did stop working after about 3 months (Using it for on average 2 hr per day for 5-6 days a week). But it will tell you if it is the battery pack that is the problem.

The you could buy an official one for ~€20 in most shops that sell xbox games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Worked perfectly for me a year ago as well when I was just about to bin my battery pack and buy a new one. Have had to use the same trick again a couple of times since and it worked every time

Advertisement