Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West wing-Excellent, Excellent, Excellent

Options
  • 01-02-2010 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent
    Did I mention I think this show is excellent? I am, unfortunately, a latebloomer with regard to being a Winger. However, thanks to the Bravo channelairing the show's previous four seasons, I have been able to catch up withwhat's been going on in Aaron Sorkin's White House.

Yes, the show is extremely fast paced. I suggest you do what I do and tapethe show while you are watching it. Then, you can play it back once ortwice so that you catch the one-liners that snuck by the first time.

It's not a show for everyone. Some may find the quick lines and fast pacedaction too frustrating to watch. I think this is one of those shows thatyou either hate or you love. I don't see any middle ground here. But, youowe it to yourself to give it a try. Trust me, it's not all about boringpolitics. There are enough non-political plots to keep your interest.

So far, my favorite episode has been one that takes place at Christmas time(I believe it's from the first season). Toby pulls some strings to providea military funeral with an honor guard for a Korean War Vet who is founddeceased in a DC park. The final scene mixes footage from a White Housecelebration with a children's choir in attendance singing `Little DrummerBoy' with footage from the military funeral Toby arranged and attends atArlington Cemetery. If this scene doesn't bring tears to your eyes, Isuggest you contact the people from `Guinness' as you are somehow survivinglife while having no heart.
    the west wing dvdPut quite simply
    I just had to put onto paper (??) that quite simply the West Wing is thegreatest television programme I have ever had the privilegeto watch. Up until I started watching it I couldn't believe anythingcouldbeat Twin Peaks and the West Wing has blown it out of the water. It's whattelevision was invented for, I just wish we could come up with anythingthatis close to this in the UK.
    the west wing dvd

Advertisement