Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Wireless Broadband connected to PS3

• 01-02-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Having problems getting an IP address, It seems to time out.

Recommend Setup:

I've got my Laptop (Windows Vista) with the O2 'Sierra' Wirless Broadband, I've setup a shared Network on the PC and I've got an Ethernet cable going from my laptop to the PS3. What am I doing wrong?! :o

I've searched and found the Wireless Setup using my iPhone but the PS3 counldnt find it so I got the Ethernet Cable to do a Wired connection, no no avail. Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

mobile MidBand + ps3 = fail,

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

I've read you Need a Crossover Cable and not and Ethernet Cable, is this correct?! Anyone?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Does this actually work? i was just about to start a thread about it and seen this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

The yellow ethernet cable that came with the ps3 works perfectly. I set up sharing from my laptop(vista) with eircom mob-broadband and its running perfectly. I will post my network settings tonight. I'll be on after 9ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Sorry about getting back. Obviously check that Internet Connection is Enabled in Network Settings , my PS3 internet connection settings are Custom-wired connection-auto detect-auto-do not set-auto-manual-1500-do not use-enable. Now test connection if you get ip address fail go to Internet Connection and click Disable then Enable again and try connection again. Let me know either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

I've done this with 02 myslef and it works fine for windows 7. Only problem I have had is it disconnects sometimes, very annoying with Fifa and the lag can be a killer trying to play COD. But we all know its not any use for gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

Having problems getting an IP address, It seems to time out.

Recommend Setup:

I've got my Laptop (Windows Vista) with the O2 'Sierra' Wirless Broadband, I've setup a shared Network on the PC and I've got an Ethernet cable going from my laptop to the PS3. What am I doing wrong?! :o

I've searched and found the Wireless Setup using my iPhone but the PS3 counldnt find it so I got the Ethernet Cable to do a Wired connection, no no avail. Any Ideas?
    sounds like ya have connection sharin set to share over wireless
    disable sharin and click apply, disconnect the bb, reconnect it and set up sharin again, on the sharin tab ya should see a drop down box, make sure local network connection is selected and not wireless network, ya will need to disconnect again for the settin to take effect

i've bein usin 02 on the ps3 for a few months with no problems what so ever, cod4, mw2, mag no lag on any of them

just make sure to close msn or anythin else like that and it should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭assasin.338

does this work with 3 mobile broadband does anyone no because it worked for me for a while then it just stopped

Advertisement