Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much music is on your hard drive?

Options
  • 01-02-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

What it says ^^..

I have around 70gb at the moment. have listened to most of it but chances are there will be some of it that i will probably never listen to again,

How much music do you have on your hard drive? 15 votes

0-1gb
    0% 0 votes
    1-5gb
    0% 0 votes
    5-10gb
    13% 2 votes
    10-25gb
    13% 2 votes
    25+
    73% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Around 6gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

when it hit 100 I knew I had a problem, so I deleted lots that I never listened to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

just broke the 50k songs mark last week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

45GB, or 8952 songs. All of which I've listened to at least 3 or 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jaysus, my collection seems pathetically small in comparison to some here.

I have 25.77 GB at the moment, but Last.fm has helped me find loads of new music. I had 30 GB but when I changed from Zen to iPod, I cleaned it out a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

16 TB.

All 64kbps mp3. Ooooh yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Last time I checked 18Gb, prolly gone up since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

somewhere in the region of 61gig but a workmate has got 2.5 TB!!!!

silly though, he'll never listen to it all but as he says "sure its free!"

Don't know how it gets it for free though:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

About 7 GB of other peoples music and a few GB of my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭dasdog

87G of flac/mp3's 20G of which is bootleg/unreleased studio recordings etc
    55G of concert videos/music documentaries

Had to do a lot of blog searching but its getting easier to find all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

123 GB. 2.57 GB of Tom Waits alone and 10 GB of Bruce Springsteen amongst others! Some video in there too so shed off about 20 GB I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

115 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

750 gb....and yes im a loser...but i love my music

750 gb....and yes im a loser...but i love my music

:eek:

So, out of curiosity, how many songs is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Aibreann

2 external hdds each of 500G

if something would happen with my music i could die!!!! years of work, part of my life

Aibreann wrote: »
    2 external hdds each of 500G

if something would happen with my music i could die!!!! years of work, part of my life

Seeing as you're still online, how many songs would that be? Approximately...
    It must have taken years to collect!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Aibreann

haha, to be honest I don't even know, they are sorted by albums, singers, years and some of them by the music type.

I have never listened all the music I have. Let's say around 10 years since I am gathering music. I got from some of my friends and the rest was all mine. When I like a band I have entire discography, plus videos.

And I still didn't finish, new music is coming up :), not even a life time is not enuf

Aibreann wrote: »
    haha, to be honest I don't even know, they are sorted by albums, singers, years and some of them by the music type.

I have never listened all the music I have. Let's say around 10 years since I am gathering music. I got from some of my friends and the rest was all mine. When I like a band I have entire discography, plus videos.

And I still didn't finish, new music is coming up :), not even a life time is not enuf

I admire your open mind and diversity towards music, honestly!
    I have little music from the 90's and 00's, it's all 80's back to the 50's. Which is weird, coz I'm only 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

jesus dont know how many songs... well into 5 figures for the albums...i have 2 1tb hard drives..one i use for my sonos system and the other neatly tucked away with everything copied...took months and months to scan all the cds in to the comp....you have me thinkin now...im gonna have to find out how many songs lol

Well if you have them iTunes, it tells ya how many you have.

That's a ridiculous amount of music!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

I have a relatively feeble 25gb. I'm not really interested in accumulating music for the sake of it and i've listened to most of the stuff I have well into double figures.
    It usually takes me a good few listens to decide if I really like something. I can think of plenty of albums that I was indifferent to after 4 or 5 listens but loved after 20. So, I may not have the most comprehensive collection in the world but what I have, I know and love. And, of course, it is steadily growing all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

jesus dont know how many songs... well into 5 figures for the albums...i have 2 1tb hard drives..one i use for my sonos system and the other neatly tucked away with everything copied...took months and months to scan all the cds in to the comp....you have me thinkin now...im gonna have to find out how many songs lol

Jaysus, well over 10000 albums.
    How much has that set you back over the years- 100000-150000 euro (conservative estimate)? ;)
    Did you win the lotto?

Unless, unless... never mind. :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭WhitestBoyAlive

Anyone got any CDs?

Anyone got any CDs?

Last check was 500+ cds. I have more dvd's but thats for a different forum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I have a relatively feeble 25gb. I'm not really interested in accumulating music for the sake of it and i've listened to most of the stuff I have well into double figures.
    It usually takes me a good few listens to decide if I really like something. I can think of plenty of albums that I was indifferent to after 4 or 5 listens but loved after 20. So, I may not have the most comprehensive collection in the world but what I have, I know and love. And, of course, it is steadily growing all the time.

That's the exact same with me. I don't see the point in having 100gb worth of music just for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Jay P wrote: »
    That's the exact same with me. I don't see the point in having 100gb worth of music just for the sake of it.

You're right, one shouldn't have that much music (or anything) just for the sake of it. But I'm sure people here with large amounts do not only have it for the sake of it. I certainly don't. I don't keep albums I don't listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I have 111gb on my harddrive, but if you called my last.fm into the equation which I use more than my actual hdd.. it'd be well into the multiple tb range. And I WOULD have it all on my hdd if it was accessible and I had a big enough hdd. :pac:

Jay P wrote: »

Its not having it for the sake of it, its having shed loads of albums, being into a wide variety and also having legal (of course) downloads adding up.

Plus, the amount of music you might have is different, someone might have 25gb worth of MP3's or 25gb worth of full quality wav's. two very different amounts of music there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've about 20gb of music here. I'd say I've bought around 60% of my collection. I went mad downloading music when I was in my teens, but I lost it all through a corrupt hard drive (about 75gb or so). I only recovered the albums I listened to regularly.

I recently got a sub to last.fm which is pure gold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

160GB or 22698 songs.

I haven't heard them all but I am discovering new music that I like all the time just by putting itunes on Shuffle.

Advertisement