Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much music is on your hard drive?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think about 40GB, and to be honest, even that could do with pruning.

I can't really fathom how some of my friends have collections in the 100s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

stovelid wrote: »
    I think about 40GB, and to be honest, even that could do with pruning.

I can't really fathom how some of my friends have collections in the 100s.

I'd imagine it's fairly easy. Discographies of bands who've been around for awhile plus an open ear could easily ramp you up into the 100s or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

liah wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's fairly easy. Discographies of bands who've been around for awhile plus an open ear could easily ramp you up into the 100s or more.

I'm not saying it's hard to collect, just to listen to it all. :D

I listen to my iPod in the car and listen to music all day in work and I'm still not sure I could get through some of the amounts here.

Oh yeah, I have about 4-500 CDs too. And about 100+ LPs (some people might need to ask their parents what these are :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Aibreann

Makaveli wrote: »
    16 TB.

All 64kbps mp3. Ooooh yeah.

16 TB? only music? thats impossible.
    if its true can i come and get it from you? please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Aibreann

mars bar wrote: »
    I admire your open mind and diversity towards music, honestly!
    I have little music from the 90's and 00's, it's all 80's back to the 50's. Which is weird, coz I'm only 20.

Thank you. I like lot of music too, have from all the years myself.
    It's nice cos you can listen the music depending on the mood. it's good to have everything that you feel like listening. my favorite remains though alternative rock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've 49gb of music according to iTunes, but I'd be lying if I said I'd even listened to half of it :o I tend to listen to the same stuff over and over again. I will listen to it all sometime though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Aibreann wrote: »
    16 TB? only music? thats impossible.
    if its true can i come and get it from you? please :)

It's every song ever recorded ever.

On a serious note I'm sure if you archived FLAC you could quite easily amass a few TB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

tech77 wrote: »
    Jaysus, well over 10000 albums.
    How much has that set you back over the years- 100000-150000 euro (conservative estimate)? ;)
    Did you win the lotto?

Unless, unless... never mind. :D :pac:

yes unless unless all my family and friends albums found their way onto my comp somehow.....:P...very few downloaded actually

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

38GB, 4GB of which is only Bruce Springsteen

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Have about 35G A i remember getting a 5gig mp3 and being like o there is no way in hell i will ever need more then that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

about 20 and another 20 on a external harddrive paid for it all

ya right..............

Advertisement