Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hunt for a cetain type of pepperoni!

Options
  • 01-02-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got a question for all chef's, butchers. meat workers, pizza eaters!

I'm looking for a particular type of pepperoni,

it's about the size of a 20cent coin,
    about 2-3mm in thickness
    its an even pink colour, different from the dark red speckeled waffer thin ones you get on the magority of take away pizza's.

I call them, excuse the language but, "Juicy Little Fcukers!"

When you bite into them, its like a mini little orgasim of juices,

I love the waffer thin crispy ones too but these are OMG,

Anyone in the Dungarvan aera, Co. Waterford, will know these,
    there on the pizza's on "pizza bay".

I know ppl might just say, why dont you just ask them?
    I did, they said they got them in a meat factory in waterford,
    so I emailed the main factory (only 1 ) and were nice but didn't know about them.

I'm a big fan of sausage esp. spicy ones,
    So in an attempt to learn all about the dfferent kinds of pepperoni, as I'm Irish so the only thing I know is you get them on pizza's and some are better then others.
    Any knowledge, any info, any advice
    would be great, for me, and everyone who reads and learns from this.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'd say get a 'round' of chorizo and cut it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

olaola wrote: »
    I'd say get a 'round' of chorizo and cut it yourself.
    JayMcD wrote:
    its an even pink colour, different from the dark red speckeled waffer thin ones you get on the magority of take away pizza's.
    This doesn't sound like pepperoni more like some kind of Bologna sausage. Polish shops have this kind of sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Could be Kabanossi. They often have them at the Deli counter at Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Sounds like sausage to me. Check the pizza you order to see if it contains sausage because thats what it sounds like. Might at least get you on the right track instead of looking for pepperoni.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Sounds like sausage to me. Check the pizza you order to see if it contains sausage because thats what it sounds like. Might at least get you on the right track instead of looking for pepperoni.

pepperoni is sausage.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

pepperoni is sausage.:rolleyes:

Well whatever you want to call the regular variation of pork sausages :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Check Polish shops. They have a wide range of sausages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JayMcD

Thanks for the sugestions guys,

to be honest, like GStomorrow said, its more of a spicy sausage than pepperoni, although, its was there pepperoni, if you know what I mean,

remember before the days of 4 star and dominos, where supermacs or an italian resturant was the only place to get pizza, ( now they're doin them in your local petrol station deli!!!) the pepperoni were small and thick and juicy,
    remember on your way home, the days before delivery, where you couldn't resist sneeking a few little juicy guys, to givin out to by your brothers and sisters.

I'm really really love to get those pepperoni's,

please keep coming with the sugestions, already got a few to try out, although I checked google images and they dont look like what I'm looking for, but theres so many out there

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My local tesco now have a really wide range of pepperoni type sausages, many are presliced and in clear packs so you might be able to spot one. They also have quite a few polish type sausages too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

My suggestion almost certainly isn't what you're looking for - but when I make pizza I sometimes cook some Tesco Finest hot and spicy pork sausages, and cut them into slices to top the pizza. (I usually steam them and then add a little colour for a minute or two in the pan.) They're pink and very juicy, and spicy too - although quite different to "traditional" pepperoni. They might be worth trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

JayMcD wrote: »
    Thanks for the sugestions guys,

to be honest, like GStomorrow said, its more of a spicy sausage than pepperoni, although, its was there pepperoni, if you know what I mean,

remember before the days of 4 star and dominos, where supermacs or an italian resturant was the only place to get pizza, ( now they're doin them in your local petrol station deli!!!) the pepperoni were small and thick and juicy,
    remember on your way home, the days before delivery, where you couldn't resist sneeking a few little juicy guys, to givin out to by your brothers and sisters.

I'm really really love to get those pepperoni's,

please keep coming with the sugestions, already got a few to try out, although I checked google images and they dont look like what I'm looking for, but theres so many out there

At a guess - Salsicce (pronounced salseeche) - and more likely to be Salsicce secche - the dried version. Does it have a mild aniseed flavour - probably from fennel seeds ?

n185795626345_5885.jpg

Advertisement