Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power Supply Problem

• 01-02-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey

The power supply for my new xbox (60GB pro) got water damaged over the weekend (we sprung a leak!).

I still have my old 20GB premium and as far as I can see the details (AC, DC, current amperage) are all the same on both the PSU's..and they are the same size.

Would it be ok to use the old psu in the new xbox?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

yea it should be, as long as all the details match. I used to live with a few mates and we all had different xboxes. (1 elite, 1 20gb premium, and a new arcade) we never had problems switching between power supplies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Korvanica wrote: »
    yea it should be, as long as all the details match. I used to live with a few mates and we all had different xboxes. (1 elite, 1 20gb premium, and a new arcade) we never had problems switching between power supplies

actually i just double checked and look like they are different:

the broken one is Output Dc 150w, 12.1a

the old one is: Output DC 203w, 16.5a

so looks like its no use to me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just ring xbox say your power bolck has stopped working even if out of warrenty a few people I have advised have gotten them no probs

Advertisement