Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

At last some good news about this Venue!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Join date - yesterday
    First post - East End Hotel!

GTFO:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

bernardm wrote: »
    Wow, these boys have turned the place around. Party here Saturday night, second to none and I heard the food is top class.

That gave me a bit of a laugh on an otherwise dreary Monday morning.

Thought it was too good to be true but agreed, cheered up a dreary Monday morning LOL:D

Seriously though anyone try out this place over the weekend, dying to hear about all the renovations, new "SCARLETS" night club, we are led to believe big changes afoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

bernardm wrote: »
    Wow, these boys have turned the place around. Party here Saturday night, second to none and I heard the food is top class.
    Hard to actually take that in anyway serious!!

• Advertisement

Yes, probably an employee. Bizarre, i am hoping we get some honest feedback given the tenants claims about the renovations, new night club and super new chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

This thread getting a bit like eastenders with all the arguing,come to think of it wasn't the club in eastenders called scarlets at one point:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

Was supposed to go on saturday, but my friends would not go, ended up drinking down town. Will go next week and out of curiousity. Personally i would love to see a proper venue/club in this town, but you can't blame people for being sceptical given the history of this place.
    I really hope that they have put in the work and make a success of this place as the town needs success stories, but any business person would be very wet behing the ears to think people won't talk about this place and speculate about its future and giveout about its past.

finbar furey up next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 1891hotel port

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Yes, probably an employee. Bizarre, i am hoping we get some honest feedback given the tenants claims about the renovations, new night club and super new chef.
    the eastend was dissappointed that none of yous that were quoting remarks all week ,didt drop in this weekend ,we done what we said,yet we are getting snide remarks

• Advertisement

the eastend was dissappointed that none of yous that were quoting remarks all week ,didt drop in this weekend ,we done what we said,yet we are getting snide remarks

Translated into readable English.....

The East End Hotel was disappointed that none of the people on here who were commenting all week didn't drop in to us over the weekend. We did what we said, yet we are getting snide remarks.

any pool tables in the hotel

Scarlets is a Top Gay nightclub in the states (not that i visited it mind you) yes its a bit like eastenders alright, various owners, disputes and scandal, hee hee. Anyway, we'll have to wait until next week for the update on developments at this Venue. I'm curious, not being from Port, what other venues are there if any?

Finbar FURY? what the F%&k, I missed that post? i certainly did not think this is the right venue for him? is this a windup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

friend went to aslan saturday night. some drunk girl tried to punch her outside when she had just walked out she told me.

Was there much of a crowd (not for the punch up) but for the band?

Was there much of a crowd (not for the punch up) but for the band?

said they was a good crowd and that the band where very good.

Had the displeasure of dealing with that band in the Past, arrogant & belligerent with a really unpleasant tag a long crowd. They had to cancel a gig in Meath recently due to poor ticket sales so i was curious to see of they drew a crow!

, arrogant & belligerent with a really unpleasant tag a long crowd.
    well they are aslan :D

i wouldnt be a fan myself but some folk seem to like them.

Point taken and too be fair they have had some great Songs, i could tell you some amusing stories with my dealings with them over the years, but not on this forum! Hee Hee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

Hi Folks
    Just adding my two cents. I'm not from the area and went to see aslan on saturday night with himself (didn’t know the place had a bad name and would never have guessed).

I had a ball, met some fantastic people (Shiela happy birthday and the two tipp ladies, You know who you are).

I would definitely go back again and bring a few friends, especially if there was some good act on.

Anyways everyone was really friendly and the next day we went for the hangover cure. Had the chicken curry, and i thought it was excellent and really reasonable.

Respect to the midlands :D

saraj14 wrote: »
    Hi Folks
    Just adding my two cents. I'm not from the area and went to see aslan on saturday night with himself (didn’t know the place had a bad name and would never have guessed).

I had a ball, met some fantastic people (Shiela happy birthday and the two tipp ladies, You know who you are).

I would definitely go back again and bring a few friends, especially if there was some good act on.

Anyways everyone was really friendly and the next day we went for the hangover cure. Had the chicken curry, and i thought it was excellent and really reasonable.

Respect to the midlands :D
    Was shiela english

So perhaps things are turning around? where did you get the curry?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

got the curry in the hotel the next morning\afternoon. great night

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

I've only joined this because it has annoyed me so much! I have often visited and brought my children to the hotel for lunch. I have often visited the ( out dated for the last 92 years ) NIGHTCLUB with my husband and had a very stupid night or a fantastic night. ONLY TWICE in 8 years have i witness ANY trouble. And even then it was the type that blew hot and cold and normally with a woman crying at the end of it! you know the sort????????????????? Anyway the point is that i think its fantastic to see it open again. god love it the JASMINE looked like a big black elephant was going to fall on it! I hope its a roaring success. I hope it suffers the same success as the Bridge House did under Mr. Christy Maye. But an absolute necesssity for the summer with all the room at the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEER GARDEN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres ample room. And a small playground. I'm not talking skyscrapers! but a rubber mat for bowls using ordinary footballs, or a ball pit, or a three step slide,etc. I understand there are insurance restrictions but any hope? Even a sand pit?

If yougive the committment you think you will i'll be there! sunday lunch and a few beers in the beer garden! Goddam it I might even work for ya!LOL!

by the way the stabbing that occurred on st. stephens night was between paddy's, the anvil, and the continental in the middle of the street. nothing to do with the hotel.:eek:

Good to hear some positive feed back on this Venue, the tenants snide comments are not terribly helpful but lets wait and see how this all pans out. As stated previously i believe the lease does not extend to the rear of the property (something the tenant might elaborate on?)

Anyway, despite assertions to the contrary, i am pleased to hear positive feedback, i intend visiting this week (have to visits Mahons) and I'll report back, i can't unfortunately visit at the weekend so further feedback appreciated.

Good to hear some positive feed back on this Venue, the tenants snide comments are not terribly helpful but lets wait and see how this all pans out. As stated previously i believe the lease does not extend to the rear of the property (something the tenant might elaborate on?)

Anyway, despite assertions to the contrary, i am pleased to hear positive feedback, i intend visiting this week (have to visits Mahons) and I'll report back, i can't unfortunately visit at the weekend so further feedback appreciated.
    HI DEMPO 1, I have spent many fine years working in public houses and hotels throughout the midlands. it does not make me an expert but i know what i like! As far as I am aware the garden to the rear is part of the premises with no other entrances. This is where the difficulty will lie with a beer garden-access. This door has always led to the smoking area from the "nightclub", it has beatifully maintained gardens and on summer nights would be used by patrons who smoked. It was well appointed with picnic tables. I'd love to see it utilised. otherwise its a waste of space!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Mahons?

Advertisement