Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

1891 hotel port,

Thanks but... as always, im taking everything as a false promise,
    until the noise has actually been reduced.

I got 3 and half hours sleep thanks to last nights music (saturday )
    Not because i have a sleeping disorder.

I'll let you know how i get on tonight.......

1891 hotel port,

I did notice a massive improvement in the noise level Sunday night.

This proves that an effort can be made on your behave and that your consumers are not affected at the same time.

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Gareth28 wrote: »
    1891 hotel port,

I did notice a massive improvement in the noise level Sunday night.

This proves that an effort can be made on your behave and that your consumers are not affected at the same time.

Regards,

Or the fact that there wasn't much volume needed as most people went to the GAA centre;)

My friend was there the sunday before last and was blocked in the car park and couldn't get out.

He went in and the staff in the hotel were as helpful as flame proof petrol.

The "manager" came out to look and his response was.........."ah well these things happen":rolleyes:

Finally they saw the car was not locked and had to open it and puch the car forward as the "manager" refused to ask inside if anyone owned the car and would move it.

Amazing customer service once again from this amazing hotel !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 1891hotel port

Elvis Jones,
    In relation to your comment.
    You might want to get in touch with the GAA club to get your info up to date but on Sunday night the GAA Centre had to be closed as there was so few people there.
    With regards your comment about the car being moved. The Manager, Joe, went around to each and every person in the bar to see if any of them owned the car in question, which your friend witnessed.
    It turned out that both the car in question and the persons car who was blocked in were not even customers of the hotel on that night.
    If there is anything else you would wish to discuss, please feel free to drop into the hotel for a chat.

Elvis Jones,
    In relation to your comment.
    You might want to get in touch with the GAA club to get your info up to date but on Sunday night the GAA Centre had to be closed as there was so few people there.
    With regards your comment about the car being moved. The Manager, Joe, went around to each and every person in the bar to see if any of them owned the car in question, which your friend witnessed.
    It turned out that both the car in question and the persons car who was blocked in were not even customers of the hotel on that night.
    If there is anything else you would wish to discuss, please feel free to drop into the hotel for a chat.

On the night...........it was actually 3pm in the afternoon so perhaps you should you go and have a chat with "Joe" and buy him a watch.

And my friend did not witness him doing anything, that was the problem.

I don't know if he was a customer as i am only going on the specifics i was told of.

The GAA comment was a joke if you didn't see that.........thus the;) again the;) did you see the;)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

My friend was there the sunday before last and was blocked in the car park and couldn't get out.

He went in and the staff in the hotel were as helpful as flame proof petrol.

The "manager" came out to look and his response was.........."ah well these things happen":rolleyes:

Finally they saw the car was not locked and had to open it and puch the car forward as the "manager" refused to ask inside if anyone owned the car and would move it.

And my friend did not witness him doing anything, that was the problem.

I don't know if he was a customer as i am only going on the specifics i was told of.

Hey Elvis,

Your first post seems to be stating what happened and then your second reply you mention only the specifics you were told of.

Really sorry I started this thread. I can't see much good coming from it anymore. From reviewing all the post today there seems to be mixed reviews. Lets leave it at that. I'm going to request it be closed.

kikel wrote: »
    Hey Elvis,

Your first post seems to be stating what happened and then your second reply you mention only the specifics you were told of.

Really sorry I started this thread. I can't see much good coming from it anymore. From reviewing all the post today there seems to be mixed reviews. Lets leave it at that. I'm going to request it be closed.

That is in reference to him being a customer in the hotel or not which i am not aware of and can only comment on what i was told.

Myself OR 1891 were not there at the time and are relying on 3rd parties for information.

Kikel,

It is totally unnecessary for you to request this thread do be closed.

Your argument being no good as come from the thread, I couldn’t disagree more.

I have noticed a marked improvement in the noise level, yet you wrote "no good" has come from this?

For once, there is communication between the hotel and residents.
    Problems are being discussed in a civil manner by most users.

You may go ahead and request the thread be closed, that is your right,
    But i just cant see your argument.

I will open up a new thread on this issue if you pursue this illogical request.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Gareth28 wrote: »
    Codger,

Your use of the English dictionary leaves a lot to be desired and is insulting.

1. Its not an airport, its a hotel. Therefore it must comply with Environmental Protection Agency act of 1994.

2. An airport does not have the option of lowering down the noise of the jets coming and going. You've just put an argument/scenario to me that suggests your not that brightest spark in the world, hence your use of the word "knob".

At the end of the day, the hotel has a obligation to show common courtesy and respect to the community around them, and the music should be lowered.

I've said nothing about the food, the people that work there, the business it provides, i have even wished them well....... We all know if the hotel is continued to be managed well, the lowering of the music will have absolutely no affect on business.

I'm asking for a simple and effective solution, without me dragging this through the district court, were the maximum fine for conviction on breach of noise regulations is €3,000 or 12 months in prison or both.

And i wont be alone either, i have the full backing of a number of residents, who have been dealing with this problem well before i bought my house.
    This has been going on for years.

And Codger..... Moaning can be a good thing, but you wont have the brain capacity to understand that.

"your not the brightest spark", "its not an airport", hahaha you need a lend of my dictionary you patronising and unintentionally hilarious knob. I reckon the hotel has shown you plenty of common courtesy by putting up with your shrill bitching and pathetic attempts at being the 'voice of the people'. If you want a simple solution, get some sound proofing on your own tin shack before you start talking about district courts...but i suspect you won't because with people like you, it's always someone elses fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

artful_codger 7 day suspension from these forums for personal abuse.

Try to keep it civil and on topic guys. You've managed to open a discourse here, that's more than most manage to get and one of the reasons boards has been so successful. Use it or don't, but don't abuse other posters in this forum or you will be banned. Read the charter if you are unsure of what is and what isn't acceptable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement