Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Restaurant in Tramore?

Options
  • 01-02-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if the new restaurant (that was Sages and Bellissimo) is open yet? Anyone know who the chef is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Chef has come from Bodega IIRC.

Restaurant is owned by the people who own the V Bistro and they are due to open this Thursday!

Think it is going to be called JD's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Any update on the opening - anybody been there?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its open anyway, and serves wednesday to sunday IIRC. Its a steakhouse. Never been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Derek and Catherine from the Vee have the lease and I believe Michael the ex manager from the Tower is the manager and I believe it is very good and reasonable.

Nice to see new business startups!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

Advice to JD's Steakhouse: DISPLAY THE MENU! I passed the place this afternoon and was curious about choices & prices, but there is no menu on display for the public. I prefer to know what to expect before I try out a new restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mariemarie

I ate there today and it was really nice and reasonably priced. The satff were very nice , the lay out and atmosphere were also very nice.
    We had ribs and garlic mushrooms to start and they were excellent ,very fresh and tasty. I had fresh cod for my main course , it was beautiful , really really fresh and had a fluffy light batter. My friend had a burger which he also really liked. The salad had a good selection of leaves and the dressing was delicious.
    There was a lot of choice on the menu and we look forward to returning to try some other dishes.... Everything on the menu was priced as it should be... Good to get value for money in a nice clean place serving fresh tasty food...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Can't wait to try it, heard nothing but good reviews:)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Ate at JD's at the weekend with the family.. no reservation just walked in off the street, and it was very impressive.

Even the kids menu featured fish fried in a very light batter and the kid's chicken and pasta was actual chicken breast and an 'adult' quality sauce. All the choices we ordered had a consistent good quality in ingredients and preparation, and there is a general touch of class and flair that you don't normally expect in this price range. Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Have tried JDs a few time - its very expensive for what it is.

If you are going for a steak, the fillet steak in the V Bistro is much better than JDs steak.

Advertisement