Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaming Headset

• 01-02-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a decent gaming headset that doesn't cost a fortune? Apparently my microphone is making "kettle" like noises.

The one click off and on of the microphone for yes, and twice for no, system was good for a laugh, but not really a great long term solution for things I want to play, such as FIFA club!

I'd like something with two earpieces (or something with crystal clear sound from one) as I find it hard to hear people talking sometimes (unless the volume on the TV is completed muted and the persons voice is crystal clear!). I've had a look at the turtle beaches on Amazon, but the reviews say its hard to here people talking?

If i end up paying more than the cost of the standard headset, I hope it'll be a bit better at least...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ear Force One ...
    heard good things...;)

or the MLG Headset...

I use one i bought on ebay for 99cent. works perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Both of those cost more than an xbox. The astro's cost about twice as much.

If you don't want surround sound you could get the X1's. They are meant to be pretty good.

I have the X4's though and they are class. I use them for watching DVD's too and the sound is really like the cinema. Plus you can hear sneaky guys creeping up behind you in COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Korvanica wrote: »
    Ear Force One ...
    heard good things...;)

or the MLG Headset...

I use one i bought on ebay for 99cent. works perfectly

Errr

for research would it be possible you could link a pic and give the make and model of the one you got on ebay.
    Not that i am that cheap or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Errr

for research would it be possible you could link a pic and give the make and model of the one you got on ebay.
    Not that i am that cheap or anything.

Sure you're not..... Linkage ... theyve gone up in price... a staggering 3 euro!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

EGriff wrote: »
    Plus you can hear sneaky guys creeping up behind you in COD.

Like this guy... He's very very sneaky.

Advertisement