Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP app

• 01-02-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been using the Vyke app for calling via wifi for the last while on my N82 and its brilliant. Calls for irish landlines cost 4c an hour! Now however i upgraded to an N97 and for some reason it does not support the wifi functionality of vyke. What im looking for now is a replacement for vyke for my N97 because I cant go back to paying 29c per min for calls!! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Fring is the only one I know of/used before, on a Sony Ericsson though:
    http://www.fring.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Q&A

I'v used both Fring and Nimbuzz on my nokia 5800 to access my blueface account and they both work fine. I've a slight preference for Nimbuzz as I think the sound is that little better.

The Vyke rate seems really good if i were you I'd double check the settings I don't see why it shouldn't work (no basis for the optimism other than I know how messy it can be to set up the sip details)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I use the built in SIP tools (no extra 3rd party apps) on my Nokia E52. Works perfect over wifi with BlueFace. Are you sure your new Nokia does not also have these functions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

JDxtra wrote: »
    I use the built in SIP tools (no extra 3rd party apps) on my Nokia E52. Works perfect over wifi with BlueFace. Are you sure your new Nokia does not also have these functions?
    I didnt realise I could do that! I have gotten the settings and inputted them and have gotten it to register. I have no idea how to make a call through it though. There isnt an internet call option anywhere!! Anybody have any experience setting this up on an N97?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The instructions on the N95 are on the BlueFace web site here. This may point you in the right direction.

When I dial a number on my phone I get the option to do a voice call, video call, or internet call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I still only have the options for voice and video call. Though the SIP profile says it has registered.

Advertisement